We had two sun holidays back to back Fri - Mon & Mon - Fri so in total we had a week on the site and the check in staff very kindly linked the bookings so we were able to keep the same caravan for the week which was great, we also upgraded to a silver grade upon booking as i've done this at haven & park dean sites in the past to get a better quality of van and bigger tv, however on arrival we were given the keys to van 7, we went to van and opened door, it looked very tatty and dated, fridge had rust marks on it and it didn't smell very nice either, whole thing really old and tatty so i went back to reception as i was not happy. I was assured it was a silver standard ( i'd have hated to see the budget!!!) however the staff very very kind and tried to get us another van at their sister site up the road but no room. They did eventually find one caravan no 31 and it was either accept this or try ilfracombe site. We went to no 31 and although it wasn't brilliant, it was much cleaner and slightly better looked after so we stayed as we wanted to be in combe martin. The bed was really uncomfortable and we didn't sleep well at all but at least in the double there were no plastic sheets. The TV was also very small, only had 6 channels (not freeview??) it was also tuned in to BBC one London and ITV Central so we weren't able to see any local weather forecasts which was a bit silly - we also don't like football so with the world cup on we were a bit limited without having full freeview, not good.... On a positive note, the site in mostly residential and as such it is really quite and peaceful, lovely views and pretty site. It's very hilly (need to drive to the clubhouse as too far to walk) but equally the views from the main car park were stunning. Coome Martin itself is only 10 mins walk away and is really quaint. We drove through the village (high street is 2 miles long!) and found a nice pub called Pack of Cards, great beer garden and nice food. We also had take away chips from "Top Chippy" - avoid - it's mega expensive, we paid £17 for 2 cod, 1 chips, 1 peas and two small bottles of pop, we felt ripped off and wouldn't recommend . We travelled around a lot and found North Devon to be a beautiful county. If i were to go back to Coome Martin, i'd stay at the sister park further up the hill as the caravans all look nicer, the views were even more fantastic and site was mostly flat , there was also a shop on site. All in all a good break was enjoyed when all said and done.
Paula & Mark
West Midlands 29/6/14
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combe Martin Holiday Park is situated in the heart of a North Devon valley. The site and its surrounding woodlands provide an excellent area for kids to play and adults to relax. The kids’ play area, our Sea Spray Club (great for a meal or drink) and access to our private beach are all within easy reach of your holiday accommodation, provide the perfect North Devon holiday.The park overlooks Combe Martin public beach as well as our very own private Newberry beach, where you can spend the day relaxing in the sun whilst the kids play in the sea nearby. In the evening, you can enjoy a variety of entertainment in the free clubhouse. Bingo, party games and folk singers are all regular events to keep you entertained throughout your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Fowler Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park Hotel Combe Martin
- Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park Devon