Bring back the Royal Marine ! Sorry, we were at the "Pack" just a few days ago in January, sorry but the food was poor. In short and honestly: our Sunday Lunch was cold, just rubbish. This Pack o' Cards is not as good as it used to be, or as good as it pretends. In fact it is going down hill.
Sunday lunch is one of the most important meals of the week, and customers pay , expecting a hot tasty meal. Single people are going to be hugely disappointed in Combe Martin, simply because they are not wanted or welcomed.
Verdict, avoid the Pack o' Cards and avoid Combe Martin altogether. Its Pubs are either rough or sinking fast. Thanks heaven for its Fish n Chips shops, the Bakery, and the "George" which are Combe Martin's only, wonderful saving grace.
* We tried to complain, the young girls did their best, tyhe owners were not around
* We gave up and decided to finish and leave. The meal costs us £10.00 each
* We were left in the dark until we had almost finished the meal
* We were not welcomed, as usual the owners ignore you or aren't around
* Our meat was cold, our Yorkshire pud was cold, and the plate was cold
* Our cutlery was useless, extremely cheap blunt knives and forks for cutting lamb and beef?
* Nobody asked us the entire time we were there if we were okay
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.