“Lovely stay”

La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We normally stay with my partners parents when we come to stay in combe martin but as there was alot of us this time we chose this b and b.It was the cheapest that we could find for a couple for the bank holiday weekend.The owners were very welcoming, their home is beautiful, very clean.our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was great.
Would definetly stay again if needed to and would recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wonderful bed and breakfast if you are staying in North Devon. Rooms are very comfortable and relaxing, lovely wet room too, perfect for what I was looking for. Tracey was really nice and was very welcoming, she recommends places to visit and is very helpful. The breakfast every morning was fantastic and is worth the trip alone. La Gallerie is at one end of the village of Combe Martin and it is about a 25 minute walk to the beach down the main road that runs through the village, I would highly recommend a few drinks and some food in The pack of Cards pub, very friendly place. Overall I would highly recommend La Gallerie if you are planning a visit to the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

John & Tracey fully deserves their 100% record to date on Tripadvisor reviews. They have only been in operation since last summer and had fully refurbished the entire place themselves - with imagination & style. Our spacious room ( room 1 I think) was artistically decorated with spacious wet room to match).

You will love breakfast, and not just the food quality!
John & Tracey really give a warm welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. Being a small b&b adds to the cosy family atmosphere, but as they have only a few rooms suggest you book early if you can. Go to their website!

....Just wish they could have laid on better weather during our visit ;)

Room Tip: chatting to other guests all the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeSutton
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had walked from Lynton and I reached quite late and Tracey was so helpful in suggesting somewhere to eat which I had a lovely meal. Tracey was so helpful in the morning as I decide to have a day off as I was carrying my backpack. The breakfast was so generous and I enjoyed the conversation and friendliness as the walking had affected me in terms of tiredness. I had also mislaid my phone when I was walking and Tracey brought the phone to my next stay. I was struck by the kindness and the room was lovely. Overall it was a stay that was so heartening. I would recommend this bed and breakfast accommodation wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Not applicable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had a really comfortable stay, at La Gallerie. Tracey was so attentive and made us feel so at home, there.
The house was so quirky and full of character. It was tastfully decorated with the flair of a designer!. The area was pretty and wherever we went the scenery was beautiful.
If we go back that way, and need another stay, in that area it will definitely be La Gallerie. It rated amongst the best we have stayed in.
Tracey was was informative, with details of the area.
The price was really reasonable, too.
I think that I would recommend this place to anyone, who is in this area whether it be for pleasure, or business.
Thanks Tracey and John.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank iris s
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a great night here. We were given a free upgrade to the largest room and made very welcome. The breakfast was excellent with lovely fresh fruit, my husband had the traditional cooked breakfast and I chose the lemon pancakes which I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Littleoaks2
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked this for 3 nights as we wanted to spend time in Devon then Cornwall. The car park is at the rear of the property and after parking up was given a warm friendly welcome and shown inside. The room was gorgeous from the wallpaper to the bedding with lovely accessories and a very modern en suite. The whole house has the WOW factor with beautiful decor and is spotlessly clean. Breakfast was also great and had a varied choice. There are lots of places to visit that aren't to far away by car. Our favourite place is Woolacombe with its fantastic beach. We visited the local pubs at night and can recommend the food at The George. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3. We asked to view the other 2 rooms at the end of our stay so that we knew which...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 7 in Combe Martin
Acorns Guest House
Acorns Guest House
#4 of 15 in Combe Martin

Been to La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!