“Great owners and very friendly”

La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
uk
“Great owners and very friendly”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

stayed here for one night before a trip to Lundy. Owners very friendly and breakfast was super.
very small room - but it was all that was left when we booked so it was all a bit cramped. Parking is a problem here - I did not want to leave my car here, even after I had negotiated the one in three gradient slope to get to it. For the price paid I would recommend for one night but you couldn't stay in the room (number three) for longer than that. So if you can get a different room then do so.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandra999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I arrived at La Gallerie, Victoria Street, Combe Martin at 1600 hours on Thursday 12th June 2014. We were revisiting all the places were we holidayed when our children were small. Tracey gave us a very warm welcome and showed us to our room which was located on the first floor overlooking Victoria Street. I had concerns about sleeping next to the main road and I expressed this to our host. She assured me that no traffic ventures in or out of Combe Martin after 2300 hours, and she was correct. The room was outstanding, John, Tracey's husband is a dry liner by occupation, and had obviously spent a great deal of time renovating this 16th century building which had been everything from a fish & chip restaurant to an art gallery. The north facing wall in the bedroom had been stripped down to the original pebble type brickwork (similar to wattle & daub) the wall which had been varnished. It was highlighted with discreetly placed LED lights, giving an absolutely fantastic effect. The room was spacious and delightfully furnished. The en-suite was a wet room which I loved and didn't want to come out of!! Breakfast was wonderful with a varied menu, which is unusual these days in guest houses we frequent. I had the full English breakfast on the two mornings we stayed at La Gallerie and it was first class. We visited two establishments in Combe Martin at the recommendation of our host for our evening meals and both were first class. To conclude La Gallerie is an excellent guest house, there are a number of features which make this establishment 5 star, but for me it was the thickness of the hall carpet which when walked upon triggered discreetly placed LED lights which illuminated the entrance and hallway. Tracey was a splendid host who looked after us exceptionally well. I thoroughly recommend this guest house to future travellers as being comfortable and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: All three rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John I
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and i visited la Gallerie for my birthday . The rooms Were tastefully furnished , very clean and comfortable . The owners are very hospitable and the breakfasts are lovely and very filling . i would recommend this B + B to anyone visiting the area AAAA******

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My sister and I have just returned from our weekend staying at our old home - la Gallerie (formerly El Toro Restaurant.) It was an emotional trip and I even stayed in my old bedroom!! Downstairs little change but upstairs unrecognisable due to all the renovations. Tracey & John were so welcoming and easy to 5 talk to. We shared our history of our memories of growing up in Combe Martin.
They have made La Gallerie a lovely B & B, beautiful rooms with lovely comfy beds and ensuite facilities.
Absolutely scrumptious breakfast - sets you up for the day!
You must go and have a stay...... you won't be disappointed!
Personally I'm grateful they are I business otherwise I would never have been able to have stayed in my old family home again - happy memories.
GOOD LUCK for the future Tracey & John!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
devon
Reviewed 17 May 2014

A Warm and friendly bed and breakfast.if it were a hotel it would be a 5 star.excellent room and home cooked breakfast. Highly recommended she does great pancakes and eggy bread.we would recommend this b+b.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We normally stay with my partners parents when we come to stay in combe martin but as there was alot of us this time we chose this b and b.It was the cheapest that we could find for a couple for the bank holiday weekend.The owners were very welcoming, their home is beautiful, very clean.our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was great.
Would definetly stay again if needed to and would recommend to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wonderful bed and breakfast if you are staying in North Devon. Rooms are very comfortable and relaxing, lovely wet room too, perfect for what I was looking for. Tracey was really nice and was very welcoming, she recommends places to visit and is very helpful. The breakfast every morning was fantastic and is worth the trip alone. La Gallerie is at one end of the village of Combe Martin and it is about a 25 minute walk to the beach down the main road that runs through the village, I would highly recommend a few drinks and some food in The pack of Cards pub, very friendly place. Overall I would highly recommend La Gallerie if you are planning a visit to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
#6 of 15 in Combe Martin
Poplars Hotel
Poplars Hotel
#9 of 15 in Combe Martin

Been to La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!