“Peaceful comfort”

Ranked #6 of 8 Exford B&B and Inns
Ponterwyd
“Peaceful comfort”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was a lovely quiet place to stay, right in the middle of Exmoor. The cottage was full of character and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was really big and scrumptious. Even though there were tea and coffee making facilities in the room I was still offered tea/coffee more than once by the host which is always a really nice extra touch.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chipping Campden
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Returned to stay at Edgcott Cottage for the nth time Joan and Johnie couldn't have done more to welcome us both.
The room was warm,comfortable and spotlessly clean, the breakfast delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A perfect spot in the centre of Exmoor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Moretonhampstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been staying with Joan at Edgcott Cottage regularly over the last 10 years now: I have to visit Exmoor for work (writing walks for magazine and book commissions). I thought it was about time I told TripAdvisor what a lovely place it is to stay! A real Exmoor country cottage: comfortable, cosy, welcoming and wonderfully relaxed. For my work too (which takes me all over Exmoor) it is in an ideal location too, being pretty central. Breakfast is always delicious and plentiful. I've given up looking for anywhere else to stay in the area: there's no point!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
tenby
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have just returned from Exford where I stayed in the most charming of country cottages - Edgecott Bed & Breakfast. Joan could not have been more obliging & she made my stay a very enjoyable experience. Although I was in Exford working, I managed to have complete rest and relaxation in my very comfortable bedroom with my own bathroom just across the corridor. The breakfasts were delicious & kept me going all day. I thoroughly enjoyed myself & loved everything about Exford & would totally recommend the B & B & the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Somerset
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have recently stayed over at Edgcott and can say that it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The owner was friendly and made me very welcome. My room was comfy, and both the room and the en suite were spotlessly clean, It was quiet and peaceful, a lovely spot. If you like old houses with beams, wood burners, smell of home made bread as you come down to breakfast- the whole cottage feel - then this is the place for you. I can recommend this as a stop over if you are exploring the beautiful Exmoor countryside.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Brent
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We were totally satisfied with our stay in November 2012. Following a warm welcome, we were given a very warm and comfortable en suite room and were provided with excellent breakfasts each day. Particularly wanting to stay in an old place, we liked the charm and ambience of Edgecott Cottage.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We are sorry Karen had an unenjoyable time here, especially as our stay was so good. There were six of us, and we were made to feel immediately welcome with tea and biscuits, and with the fact that they had moved their car out into the road so that we could park our two cars off-road. We were given front-door keys, so we could come and go as we pleased. Though not quite in the centre of Exford, we found the 5-10 minute walk rather pleasant. Our rooms were nice, and very warm and comfortable. We all slept brilliantly in the complete peace and quiet. In the morning we were all spoiled rotten with the most plentiful and delicious breakfast, which kept us going practically all day! We were also shown genuine friendliness as we shared information about our families, and Mrs Atkins revealed her love for the Exmoor way of life. There appeared to be a problem with one of the showers, but that was the only minus point in an otherwise perfect stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exford
Exmoor White Horse Inn
#16 of 17 in Dulverton
Exmoor Forest Inn
Exmoor Forest Inn
#1 of 2 in Simonsbath

Been to Edgcott Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!