We booked very last minute for a weekend away, all went smoothly, lovely hotel, the room was absolutely spotless. Very comfy bed, and lots of nice extras, complimentary bottles of Hildon Water, biscuits, hot chocolate etc (not that we needed that at the moment).
We at the in bar, food was fantastically good, superb white wine with our meal, which i now can't remember the name of. Lovely atmosphere all round.
Lovely secret garden at the back of the property by the stream which we only found on the morning we left, really lovely to sit there on a sunny day with a drink of wine or two!
All staff friendly, landlady nothing was too much trouble, breakfast freshly cooked to order, great choice, kippers, haddock as well as the usual full english and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and proper coffee. Would certainly stay again, worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century family-run coaching inn at the heart of the Exmoor National Park. Great food, real ales, fine wines, log fires & friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Crown Hotel, Exford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Hotel Exford
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Exmoor National Park