I stayed at the Crown as the overspill from a party staying elsewhere. I arrived late left early and did not eat and therefore cannot comment on the other amenities the bars or the restaurant.
The Room (12) was clean and had everything that I needed but was otherwise totally uninspiring the bed was soft and had obviously seen better days but it was all fit for purpose and exactly what I needed.
Not entirely unexpectedly there is little mobile phone coverage on Exmoor so I used the room phone to make 4 or 5 national calls I was amazed to be charged £15 for this. there is a telephone box opposite the hotel and I would council guests to use that. There is no wealth warning on or near the phone and when I complained at checkout there was only a shrug of the solders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century family-run coaching inn at the heart of the Exmoor National Park. Great food, real ales, fine wines, log fires & friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Crown Hotel, Exford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Hotel Exford
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Exmoor National Park