Popped in for lunch and was only expecting a bar snack. What a surprise, really top notch food.
The chap behind the bar who was also the waiter was really friendly and helpful. They had an excellent specials board and main bar menu.
I had the wild boar and apple sausages with mustard mash and onion gravy , delicious. Nice and hot , well cooked meat and proper mashed potatoes ( a large helping). My husband had the pan fried plaice with butter sauce and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Only wish we had room for a sweet.
Will definitely be stopping by again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century family-run coaching inn at the heart of the Exmoor National Park. Great food, real ales, fine wines, log fires & friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Crown Hotel, Exford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Hotel Exford
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Exmoor National Park