We stayed at the Crown on Friday 17th April. I had only booked the day before as I had struggled to find somewhere dog friendly and last minute, from the moment I telephoned the staff were fantastic, efficient and friendly.
We were in room 8, top floor, but superb, lovely bathroom, great facilities and great view too!
We ate in the restaurant, the food was every bit as great as we'd hoped, once again superb service as well. My only criticism was a large party arrived and shattered the peace and quiet but that was not to be helped. The staff were so happy to please that they smiled and took no end of ridiculous requests about no sauce, no veg, no this, no that!!! but they accommodated everyone, the poor chef must have been cursing, I know I would have!
Anyway, in summary, very dog friendly, fabulous staff, great food and great hotel. Give them a try! we will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century family-run coaching inn at the heart of the Exmoor National Park. Great food, real ales, fine wines, log fires & friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Crown Hotel, Exford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Hotel Exford
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Exmoor National Park