“Lovely quaint friendly tea rooms”
Review of Exford Bridge tea rooms - CLOSED

Exford Bridge tea rooms
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: The Exford Bridge Tea Rooms is in the village of Exford and has the vintage nostalgia feel of the 1950s. You will enter the tea rooms and be taken back to the 50s, as it is decorated with lots of memorabilia from that era and the background music playing is also from that decade. Feel free to sing along and have a little bop if you want! The Tea Rooms offer a comprehensive menu. We serve cakes, cream teas, all day breakfasts, sandwiches, filled jacket potatoes, toasties, ploughamns and specials of the day. The tea is loose leaf and you can choose from Original, Earl Grey, Assam and Cylon. We also serve a range of coffees. The Tea Rooms also benefits from a courtyard garden, that opens out onto the village green and children's play area. Come along to the Exford Bridge Tea Rooms and experience for yourself the nostalgic era of the 50s.
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a thoroughly wet miserable day. Lovely warm atmosphere, good home made food at a pretty good price. Hot drinks were tasty and the chilli was excellent.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I reckon our family have been coming here since the fifties, dont really like the bright colour, not very exmoor, much more of the green cups simple decor and the best cream teas only second the the tea rooms at horner

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I liked this place when went in for lunch with my wife. I Live in & work around Exmoor and try to pop into the local placces to eat and have a coffee! It make the money go round our lovely place. I had a really nice ploughmans salad. A lovely cup of fresh coffee and dessert afterwards. I believe the owners of then are now gone and I have not been in there since. However I am aware that who ever is now running the tea rooms are doing well. Have not heard anything ontoward.

tearoomtom, Owner at Exford Bridge tea rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Many thanks for the review, much appreciated. I would just like to point out that we have been here for 7 years and are not new owners.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very friendly, very accommodating and excellent value for money! Lovely food all cooked to order and would recommend.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Unlike the previous reviewer we parked down the road so fortunately were able to enter the café without any previous, so to speak. Inside was bigger than we expected and there were quite a few customers considering it was rather late for lunch. Settled for the two course lunch deal, beef bourguignon followed by spotted dick. The proprietor it has to be said was not the most cheerful of sorts but was never rude, the missus however was cheerful. Service was perhaps a little long and while we were waiting my girlfriend read a magazine of the window sill, she exclaimed that there was a really good new car deal to be had. I then pointed out that the magazine was ten years old! Honestly for ten years the same magazine hanging around in the café. Enjoyed the food, nicely portioned for lunch and reckon it was good value, so would recommend the café.