I feel a little guilty only giving The White Horse 3 out of 5 as the staff were superb, the room excellent and the location right by the river wonderful!! A perfect base for enjoying the beautiful Exmoor National Park or for a romantic break. All this would normally lead to 5 out of 5. But then we went down to dinner....
.... mistake. Our meals were awful.
There was a Carvery option (which looked nice), bar food and a 'fine dining' menu. We chose the latter and paid the price of this hotel's attempt to be all things to all men. I feel that they should focus on much less choice and much more quality.
A shame as our stay was, otherwise, wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the scenic beauty of Exmoor National Park, this family run, historic coaching Inn offers luxury accommodation, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and is just 10 miles from both Minehead and the West Somerset and North Devon Coast. Dating back to the 16th Century, the Exmoor White Horse Inn is wreathed in Virginia Creeper ivy and sits majestically by a bridge over the River Exe. Oozing with rustic charm, the Inn celebrates the wonders of its historic past whilst providing a contemporary and sophisticated accommodation experience. Classic period features blend seamlessly with sumptuous soft furnishings and chic interiors to form an idyllic welcoming atmosphere in this spectacular part of the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Exmoor White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exmoor White Horse Hotel Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Inn Exmoor National Park/Exford