Our friends booked this for a couple of nights through Secret Escapes and as I always read the reviews on trip advisor some were very mixed, so when we arrived I was really pleased the location was beautiful .
The greeting from reception was warm and welcoming .
Our room at the front of the hotel was large and luxurious and overlooked the river .
All the staff instantly made you feel at home and we were given a cream tea lovely warm scones with clotted cream which was lovely and we had it served out by the river .
The location of this hotel is perfect to explore Exmoor and the surrounding area.
Really enjoyed the breakfasts and unlike so many where you help yourself it can be cold or dried up , this was hot and good quality and staff ensured you had plenty of tea coffee /toast .
We chose to eat in the restaurant on both evenings and were given a bottle complimentary wine per couple again I was surprised as this was a good bottle of wine ( not house wine) there was plenty of choice on the menu and we all had a different items off the menu and all meals and prices were good value .
We also looked at the bar menu and could have easily chose off this .
On the Saturday it was busy all day in the bar with people enjoying sitting by the river or having a bar meal and did not hear one negative comment .
The only problem is that we were only there for a weekend and I would like to return for a longer period and see some more of the sights and I will definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the scenic beauty of Exmoor National Park, this family run, historic coaching Inn offers luxury accommodation, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and is just 10 miles from both Minehead and the West Somerset and North Devon Coast. Dating back to the 16th Century, the Exmoor White Horse Inn is wreathed in Virginia Creeper ivy and sits majestically by a bridge over the River Exe. Oozing with rustic charm, the Inn celebrates the wonders of its historic past whilst providing a contemporary and sophisticated accommodation experience. Classic period features blend seamlessly with sumptuous soft furnishings and chic interiors to form an idyllic welcoming atmosphere in this spectacular part of the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exmoor White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exmoor White Horse Hotel Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Inn Exmoor National Park/Exford