Two night stay on a first visit to return to the area of my wife's birth. Classic English hotel with much character. Greeted with a smile and welcome at reception this set the tone for a lovely visit. We were in the lodge which was initially disappointing until we opened the door to our room which was very spacious and decorated to a very high standard with lovely big bay windows. We ate first night in the restaurant which was nice and homely with good quality food. Second night in the bar, which was more basic but wholesome. Breakfast both days was good. As always staff make a hotel and the hard work and enthusiasm of the staff could not be faulted. The village itself is a bit limited but, hey, you are in Dartmoor and this is God's own country (my wife came from here after all) to by explored and enjoyed. I'd happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the scenic beauty of Exmoor National Park, this family run, historic coaching Inn offers luxury accommodation, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and is just 10 miles from both Minehead and the West Somerset and North Devon Coast. Dating back to the 16th Century, the Exmoor White Horse Inn is wreathed in Virginia Creeper ivy and sits majestically by a bridge over the River Exe. Oozing with rustic charm, the Inn celebrates the wonders of its historic past whilst providing a contemporary and sophisticated accommodation experience. Classic period features blend seamlessly with sumptuous soft furnishings and chic interiors to form an idyllic welcoming atmosphere in this spectacular part of the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exmoor White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exmoor White Horse Hotel Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Inn Exmoor National Park/Exford