Just returned from a 3 night break at the Exmoor White Horse Inn, and already, we are thinking about returning later on in the year!
Myself & my fiancee took our dog (yes, the hotel is completely dog friendly) for a walking/exploring exmoor break, and couldn't have wished for a better hotel, it felt like home from home.
Our room was lovely, and overlooked the river outside, and there was a dog bed, blanket and towel upon arrival for our 4-legged friend! The hotel grounds and bar were very welcoming areas to relax in, and the staff were all so friendly and chatty, making us feel right at home. We spent every night in the bar area, chatting to the staff who were all lovely, telling us all about the local area and life on exmoor. We ate in the bar 2 evenings, and both meals were lovely and very reasonable.
Breakfast was again, very good, buffet style with both hot traditional fry up items, and also continental choice. Again, all staff were very chatty, friendly and attentative, and we couldn't have asked for more.
The hotel itself is situated in a lovely, quaint village, which has a lovely atmosphere - we spoke to many of the locals during our stay, who were genuine, kind people, all of whom were happy to go out of their way to make us feel at home and help point out places where we should visit during our stay. If it had not have been for the knowledge of the locals and their help, we would not have found half of the amazing walks and beauty spots that we luckily enjoyed.
Exford itself is a wonderful base in which to explore exmoor, as it is centrally located and therefore many towns/places are easily accessible by car.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay, and would highly recommend the White Horse Inn to anyone. By the end of our 3 days, it felt like home from home, and we didn't want to leave such a friendly, welcoming and peaceful place - thankyou for some funny and wonderful memories, we will hopefully be back soon.....!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the scenic beauty of Exmoor National Park, this family run, historic coaching Inn offers luxury accommodation, free Wi-Fi, free parking, and is just 10 miles from both Minehead and the West Somerset and North Devon Coast. Dating back to the 16th Century, the Exmoor White Horse Inn is wreathed in Virginia Creeper ivy and sits majestically by a bridge over the River Exe. Oozing with rustic charm, the Inn celebrates the wonders of its historic past whilst providing a contemporary and sophisticated accommodation experience. Classic period features blend seamlessly with sumptuous soft furnishings and chic interiors to form an idyllic welcoming atmosphere in this spectacular part of the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exmoor White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exmoor White Horse Hotel Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Exford
- Exmoor White Horse Inn Exmoor National Park/Exford