Simonsbath House
Sinai House(Lynton)
The Bath Hotel(Lynmouth)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsself cateringthe cottageswalking groupwell stocked barwalking weekendthe ownermurder mysterywarm welcomecosy loungerecommend this hotelthank you very muchfour poster bedblazing firesensuite bathroomcountry hotelexcellent hotelbeautiful view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is an excellent hotel in a beautiful setting. It is in a prime spot for: walker, birders and those who want peace and quiet. Best of all is that the owner welcomes criticism - and rectifies any concerns. Our only criticism was that the restaurant was more expensive than the pub, nearby. Though she did point out that her produce was of top quality. The breakfasts confirmed this. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had an overnight visit here with friends. It was excellent - a beautiful old house in the middle of Exmoor, wood panels and log fires, large warm and comfortable bedrooms, fabulous food and friendly and welcoming staff. Oh, and all at an extremely reasonable price. We're certainly hoping to pay a return visit before too long.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute and it was just what my mother and I were looking for. We were on a walking weekend in Exmoor and needed somewhere which allowed dogs and provided dinner, B&B. We could not have been made more welcome; we had a delicious dinner both nights and when we asked if we could have our dinner in front of the fire one night the answer was 'yes, not a problem'. What bliss; dogs & humans sitting in front of the fire after a long day's walk, good bottle of wine and excellent food! Thank you very much, we have already recommended it and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at this hotel and each time I notice more reasons why I like it so much here. Getting such a warm welcome for me and my dog was the start, but the excellent service you get from the whole team is just the best. It really makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. When I sunk into the double bed in Shepherds Crook cottage, which is part of the hotel, I noticed how clean, fresh and crisp the bedding is. I slept like a log all weekend. Thanks again all for the best hospitality and amazing food! See you again. Sue & Breeze.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2013

my 3rd time at this hotel for a Bath & West Country Walks walking holiday in Exmoor. Superb each time. Excellent standard of service. Andrew a great host. The breakfasts were first class, the evening meals even better. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: some rooms have great views across/down the valley
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo