“Great Service, Very Friendly”

Tennessee Valley Winery
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Loudon
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I stopped off on the way back from our honeymoon and tasted several of Tennessee Valley's semi-sweet and sweet wines. The owners are very friendly and accommodating and many of the wines were very tasty. My favorite was cherry and my wife loved the blackberry.

2  Thank Vickers51212

Reviewed 27 March 2012

and in this case, it's a good thing. The large sign and hilltop setting make the winery easy to find. It is clean and inviting, with a vineyard and flower plantings in front.
The hostess was friendly, not stingy with either the wine or the local color.
The wines, of course, are the most important part. The reds and whites here were equally good, reflecting the skill of the winemaker. We did not sample a single disagreeable wine. Well crafted and accessible. Some of them had enough character to satisfy a demanding enthusiast. Just about anyone could get their arms around the tamer varietals. There is something for everyone, dry to sweet, on up to the fruit wines made from local fruit.

1  Thank versavendre
Reviewed 15 March 2012

love the veriety of wines for sampling, and great price for the bottle.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and I enjoy wines, but aren't particularly knowledgeable about them. We aren't the people who sniff corks and say "oak-y with hints of currant" or whatever, we just pop the cork and either like it or don't. We like to attend tastings to find out what we like, and like to do it without the snobbery that seems to come out at some of these events or wineries. Tennessee Valley Winery fit us quite well.

We didn't realize this place existed until we noticed a billboard while enroute to Pigeon Forge from Chattanooga on a recent vacation. We decided to stop in, and I'm very glad we did. The owner and operator is a very nice fellow and explained the wines to us in terms we understood and without talking down to us. Tasting was done simply and without fuss. We ended up buying half a dozen bottles and will likely order more later, as he can ship via FedEx to out of state customers.

My only suggestion is to offer something for kids to do while parents taste. Oliver Winery, for example, gives the kids fruit juice to "taste" so they feel like they are part of the experience. Obviously this won't be a concern if you don't have kids with you, but if you do make sure they have something to keep themselves busy with.

2  Thank Carlos S
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Located on a scenic hill top just south of Knoxville. My parents actually found this place and visit when they go up to Pigeon Forge. They make a lot of tasty sweet wines, I particularly like the peach. They also have the regular table red and whites. They have music and festivities every now and then and my favorite is the music, bbq and tasting in October. Highly recommended for a good time!