“Lovely location”
Review of Cavendish Hotel

Cavendish Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I had a good holiday, traveled with Alfa Tours. The hotel staff are very friendly, polite and helpfull. I enjoyed the entertainment and I was pleasantly surprised to find it on every evening of my stay. I nomally find Bingo boring but the Bingo caller (Kamele) made it vere funny. The hotels main rooms where all very nice and my bedroom was comfortable and clean but needed decorating. Food was good and the portions generous Exmouth is loveley place I will visit again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank Hufy
There are newer reviews for Cavendish Hotel

Reviewed 19 October 2008

Just arrived home from a 5 day stay at this hotel.
We were a group traveling with Alfa Travel and were lucky to have as a driver the lovely genteel Lawrence whose commentary on points of interest, world affairs, other road users and family life kept us interested and amused.
Arriving at the Cavedish Hotel we were met by the manageress Lisa who welcomed us and asked that at anytime we had a problem to let her know and she would try to rectify it (how true this was) as when having dinner that night we discovered that one of our party was suffering from a medical problem that would not let her swallow any solids, but was quite happy having soup as a starter and mash as a main meal. The waitress seemed concerned but was told not to worry, next morning Lisa was there to find out for herself then made sure she had Choices of jelly's and blamonges, thank you Lisa from the group.
Of the hotel what can I say, food was great with plenty of choices for starter, main and sweet with a chefs special every day. Staff were excellent in the service at meals, always friendly and smiling with nothing being to much trouble for them, special to our waitress a little Mexican girl.
The room we had overlooking the sea was nice, the bathroom maybe could do with a little refurbishment. A large snooker table and darts room. A large TV room with very large TV and a nice quiet room overlooking the sea meant there was a lot you could choose from add to this a bar area with table chairs a small dance and stage with variety every night, my question is How can it be 2 star and not 3-4.
As you may of guessed we had a wonderful time and can understand a couple we met who told us this was their 4 time here, I would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank xcoachman
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Myself, my husband and my sister have just spent a week at the Cavendish Hotel in Exmouth. I booked the trip direct with Alfa Travel Coach Tours and requested a twin room with a sea view for myself and husband and a single room for my sister. The supplement for the sea view room was £22.00 each and the supplement for the single room was £32.00. The coach journey was excellent and coach driver Dave was very good and we have no complaints regarding this. However, on arrival there had been some confusion in that, on paper, my sister had been placed in the twin room with my husband and I was placed in the single room. This was obviously rectified. The single Room (Room No. 7) was at the back of the Hotel, just enough room for a single person, with 1 single bed, 1 wardrobe, 1 dressing table, TV and a bathroom. The window looked on to a flat roof and facing was a large extractor fan presumably from the kitchen. There was another window to the left (obviously belonging to the next room). The fan outside of this window was making a continuous noise which started around 4.00 pm and went on until 10.30 on some evenings. The fan also came on first thing in the morning until after breakfast. The earliest the noise stopped was 8.00 pm. The TV in the room could not be heard at the normal setting and so the volume had to be increased causing a disturbance to the next door occupants. Despite reporting this to the Deputy Manager this continued all week, being told that the noise should stop by 7.00 pm. which did not happen.

In addition, it appeared that the small extractor fan in the bathroom did not work at all and showed some sign of damage (see photos).

My sister was quite happy to pay the single supplement of £32 but I do not think it is acceptable to place anyone in a room facing such a noisy and unsightly extractor fan. It is also not acceptable for the fan in the bathroom not to be fit for use.

The twin room with a sea view, apart from one or two minor faults such as no lock on the bathroom door, was quite nicely decorated, very clean and the sea view was superb. We have no complaints against the staff who were very good as were the meals.

If you require a single room I would not recommend this Hotel as I am sure you will be disappointed and to have to pay £32 supplement for the privilege of the sound and sight of an extractor fan immediately in front of your bedroom window is not acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
16  Thank Sandrish