“Beautiful meal”

Les Saveurs Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Les Saveurs is an multiple award winning, fine dinning restaurant. Amongst our many awards we are now holders of 2 AA Rosettes and as well as being the winners of Marco Pierre Whites Kitchen Wars Olivier was awarded Best Chef of the Year in Devon. Chef and owner Olivier is a classically trained French chef who brings a contemporary twist to his cooking with an infusion of influences from around the world. Coast and country are reflected in a balanced measure using high quality ingredients assuring seasonality plays a prominent role in Olivier's menu.
“Beautiful meal”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I phoned at 7pm on a Friday evening and was able to book a table for my wife and I for 8:20 pm for which I was very pleasently surprised. This was our first visit here, and we were delighted by the decor and welcome on arrival. I was surprised that there were only 2 other couples dining while we were there on a summer Friday evening.
The service was prompt, I had scallops to start and grey mullet on mash for main, (no sea bream available on the night so was offered Mullet as alternative) while my wife had tiger prawns to start and sea bass on mash for her main course. All the dishes were beautifully presented and were cooked to perfection. Honestly the best fish dishes we have ever had!
I had snow eggs for dessert which were lovely, and Olivier came and spoke to us before we left. A charming and skilled chef, this restaurant deserves to be filled with customers and a nightly basis. Prices were at the top end of what I would normally pay, but the few pounds extra for each course reflect the excellent quality of the food. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Paul B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had the most amazing meal.Staff were helpful and attentive.A very relaxed atmosphere.Cant recommend enough.Would definitely visit again

Bath, United Kingdom
“good family run restaurant”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Surprised to call and get in on a saturday night at short notice. and was even more surprised at 8.00 pm that the restaurant was barely full. However some of the other table started to fill later on.
Have eaten here few times before. and the food is very good freshly cooked and served with knowledge of the food. Mediterranean fish soup is excellent and I went for the slow cooked pork belly with Black pudding mash. pork was good not 100% sure about black pudding mash. ( I do love Black pudding but not so sure about added to mash) My wife had the prawn starter followed by Bream. both well cooked and presented well. Sadly they were out of Exmouth Mussels as they were not up to standard that day, which was shame as Exmouth mussels are one of the attractions in this and a couple of other Exmouth restaurants. I am sure I will go back when in Exmouth some other time.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Family party”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Twenty members of my family went to Les Saveurs to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. It was a wonderful evening. Olivier was very helpful over the menu and the team looked after us very well on the evening. The function room was lovely and allowed us to move around and make lots of noise without disturbing other diners. Most of all the food was delicious, enjoyed by all; my mother particularly enjoyed the chocolate terrine! Exmouth is lucky to have this restaurant; I wish we lived closer to Exmouth!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jill L
Berkshire
“Just lovely”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very quiet on a Tuesday evening in Exmouth, notwithstanding the sparkling weather. This restaurant lived up to the excellent reviews on this website. There was little atmosphere (whatever that means) - we and one other couple only in it - but it's small and intimate. Food - good choice - scallops cooked perfectly and mussels in a tasty sauce - bream for main course which was a good thick cut fillet on fennel flavoured mash - interesting cheese selection and well presented snow eggs. Add a bottle of French white wine and a dessert wine - £93 for 2 people - a good price really for the quality. The service was perhaps a little too hasty, but the personable young man had few people to wait on and therefore lots of time to chat! Do go here if this is your price range.