“Superb”

Saveur
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Exmouth
Price range: US$18 - US$34
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Saveur is a award winning, fine dining restaurant.Coast and country are reflected in a balanced measure using high quality ingredients assuring seasonality plays a prominent role in Nigel's menu.
Reviewed 19 October 2018

From the first response to an email booking a table I can only eulogise about this restaurant.
Superb friendly and efficient front of house service that was not intrusive or unwanted, a lovely ambiance and food which is mouth watering, delicious and balanced- fresh ingredients with interesting and complimentary flavourings.

Our first meal was sea food starter followed by fish of the day - in this case plaice. So enjoyable so we went back next day!
This time we both had duck - exquisitely flavoured - each mouthful to be savoured - I ate more and more slowly - I really didnt want to finish - sumptous. I followed with cheescake - again absolutely delicious with some lovely combinations of flavours.

I've been privileged to have had some very special meals in restaurants around the world but I can honestly say this meal would rank among the best ever.

So good we are returning on holiday to Exmouth next year just so we can visit this lovely establishment again

1  Thank lybu

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Took ages choosing that special restaurant for hubby's very special birthday.
With so many fabulous restaurants during our week in Exmouth, we have already eaten in, we were spoilt for choice.
However we were recommended The Saveur for that extra something.
We Booked it, were given a romantic corner table with 'Happy Birthday' sprinkles all over the tablecloth, and a warm welcome from Kerry on a Friday evening.
We both had Mushroom starters, which was delicious, we chose John Dory and Megrim, Cornish sole as mains....
We are not fish eaters usually, but we both agreed, we would take these dishes over meat any day. We were in Gourmet Heaven!!
Fine dining at it's very best, the gorgeous flavours and presentation were Awesome plus.
The attention to detail of the birthday celebration, the table sprinkles and birthday candle at the end, was a lovely surprise, which was really appreciated, and totally unexpected thank you Kerry.

I'm usually the one to gush over how delicious food is, but my husband was the one tonight, we were so impressed, every dish was sublime!
Thank you Kerry, Nigel and Holly for looking after us.

We were relaxed, and spoilt, with a very special ambience for a dining experience.
For that special occasion just book this restaurant, they go the extra mile to spoil you x

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Very impressive additions to the Starter offerings:
A confit chicken and black pudding terrine, with crispy bacon, damson sauce and cobnuts; and a simply heavenly raviolo of king prawn and spring onion, with a sauteed courgette and carrot and lemongrass sauce, with delicious additions of shimeji and shitake mushrooms. Quite outstanding.
Cheeses excellent as always: Fountains Gold and Somerset Goddess this time.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

My mother and I had the most exquisite lunch here today. The plaice was cooked perfectly with a wonderful sauce including cockles so delicately flavoured. For sweet we had lime posset with raspberries- just divine and a glass of wine each. The bill was very reasonable at £20 each such excellent value I felt I had to write this review. Can’t recommend Saveur more highly Kathryn!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I visited with mynfirnds Norma and is who eat here Regularly. I had travelled from,Ports mouth to visit them and what an amazing restaurant.
Norma had said i was gluten free and bread was provided. The menu was amazing and could easily be adjusted for gluten free.
The lady who served I was just so attentive, then as we had finished our meal the chef came out talking to us.
Reasonable prices good portions, excellent service too. I would recommend this restaurant