“4night february stay”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Widnes, United Kingdom
“4night february stay”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have recently returned from a 4 night staay at the Grand and found it an enjoyable stay. The single room I had was bigger than other single rooms I've had with Shearings and the bed was comfortable. The restuarant staff were very attantive and were quick to pick up on any issues you may have and offer their advice on the menu. The entertainment was very good and most of the guests seemed to enjoy it. On the whole a good 4 nights and I would certainly consider another stay, maybe in the warmer and drier weather.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room next to lift not as noisy as I thought it would be. Overlooked the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank barbara e
grandhotelexmouth, General Manager at Bay Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the break very good value, I will pass your kind comments on to the rest of the team, we hope to see you again in warmer climes, April October and September can be very nice in this part of Devon.
Kenny
General Manager.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Just had a 5day break at the grand hotel with shearings good hoilday trips out very good staff very good food good choice entertainment was good would recomend the hotel the room was clean and comfy nice size

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank margaret a
Pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, like you say in you review we do have some bigger rooms you can upgrade to, with some stunning views of the Exe Estuary, we would hope you will be booking again in the future when you could take the opportunity to upgrade to one of the above mentioned rooms,
once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.
General Manger.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have just returned from staying for 4 nights at the Grand Hotel.The room was average needed some updating,but was very clean.Wish I had asked for an upgrade did not realise you could do so.Food good and plentiful.All the staff were friendly and helpful.Overall very good value for money Pity that the large empty room downstairs isnt in use for the entertainment would be a better venue than the bar lounges Really enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: If not satisfied with the room allocated ask for an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrissie378
grandhotelexmouth, General Manager at Bay Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Exmouth, I will pass your comments on to the rest of the team who do a great job, hope to see you again soon.
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

just returned from a self drive 4 night stay. We upgraded to a sea view room and its worth the extra, the quality is much better. The hotel wins with its staff who are always polite and attentive. A special mention goes to our cleaner Karolina (room 49) and to the lovely Spanish waitress Laura. I need a Gluten Free diet and she always gave me good clear advice on the dishes I could have from the menu - Laura had obviously been trained very well, she was very friendly and charming - even with our limited not very good Spanish! . Please thank her very much for being so polite friendly and charming. (Table No 25 - 4 persons)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tmb22
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and were pleased with the service you received from our team, in particular Laura and Karolina, I will pass your Message on to them both, hope to see you again soon.
General Manager.
Burnley
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Well that's what we expected going down on one of the worse days of the year following torrential rains.Bad going down, but by weekend the weather was superb.You have got to hand it to Shearings, the drivers they employ are excellent with their knowledge and exception driving skills.The hotel was a typical hotel for this type of holiday and is great to see that a company uses these old buildings and keeps the history going.I for on love them,ok they could do with a bit of attention but then couldn't we all.Rooms ok, food ok, staff brilliant especially bar staff, best we have had on a Shearings trip.Entertainment,bingo went down a treat, quiz keeps things going and entertainers all were very good no problem.Would we return, Yes no problem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhillipKBurnley
grandhotelexmouth, General Manager at Bay Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thankyou so much for your very positive review. I am so glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday and that the weather turned in your favour. I will certainly pass on your comments to everyone and we hope you will be back to visit us again in the not to distant future.
Thankyou

Kenny Sharp ( General manager)
hampshire england
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We have just returned from a three night stay at the Grand and am pleased to say we really enjoyed our time there.We upgraded to a seaview room which we found to be very nice.The stairways are very tired but i believe the seaview rooms have recently been referbished. For what we paid we were more than happy.Food was good (if a bit rushed) staff could not be faulted all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in room 51 and were quite comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hairdo
grandhotelexmouth, General Manager at Bay Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your review and your kind comments about the staff. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kenny Sharp
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was my 6th trip with Shearings in the last 12 months I was pleasently surprised, as I thought the Broadway Park at Sandown and the Bay St. Ives could not be beaten, how wrong could I be. This was a week end away to celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary and lived up to its adverts way and beyong what I expected, all the staff deserve a special mention as they worked tirelessly to give us a great break, especially the assistant manager David, who looked after my bouquet of interflora flowers as they wouldn't deliver on a Sunday and it was to be a secret from my wife.
The room was clean and well decorated, the bed comfy, the restaurant was excellent and very roomy and the chef must be congratulated on his wonderful meals and the waiting staff were very efficient, the coach taking us there was very comfortable and the driver very pleasant and helpfull. All in all I highly reccommend this hotel and will return at some future date. The only draw back was the optional coach trip at £9 was very poor value for money, but could not detract from the pleasant experiece we had,

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter B
grandhotelexmouth, General Manager at Bay Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thankyou for writing such a fantastic review of our hotel. I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations, especially as it was a special occasion. I have passed on your comments to David
and the Chef. We do feel we give great value for money and as you say the staff do work very hard and always try to please. We would be happy to welcome you back any time in the future. Once again thankyou .

Kenny Sharp