“GREAT food and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ganges Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Ganges Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: EX8 1NN
Exeter, United Kingdom
“GREAT food and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I can honestly say I am not a lover of indian food as I am not accostumed to spicy foods. Therefore, when a group of friends suggests Indian as a meal out I always feel worried, and sad that I will not be able to join in. What a surprise was the experience at Ganges. We got EXCELLENT service, and the server was very attentive. He gave me great suggestions for not so spicy items on the menu, and we tried to different options and I LOVED it. I will be returning to try new items. It is very quiet but the food and it's value makes up for it. If you are looking for a place to be looked after, eat well and go home happy you tried something new this is the place for you!

• Visited February 2014

“Downhill Fast!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Have been to The Ganges several times and used the take-away service on numerous occasions, but what has happened since Christmas??? Terrible is the only word. We had a take-away that was swimming in fat, had precious little meat and hadn't even been shown a spice. Side dishes were the same and the garlic nan.... wasn't! All tasteless, and had to pour vast amounts of orange residual fat away. Disgusting and such a shame. Won't go again. It takes years to build a reputation, but one bad experience to kill it - they've done exactly that with us.

Visited January 2014
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Long time, no see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I hadn't been to the Ganges Restaurant since the 1980s, when I lived in the area. I'm pleased to say that it's still good, a traditional, no frills, Indian restaurant. We had the place to ourselves at first since we went early, but it filled up rapidly. The food was excellent throughout, as was the service. Would recommend and will go again....hopefully with less of a wait between visits this time!

• Visited October 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“indian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

unfortunately on the night we went just us and another couple in looks dark and dismal from outside they appear to do a busy take away trade the food was good it just lacked atmosphere

Visited September 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great service, friendly and one of the best Indian meals we have both had. Can recommend the Bombay thali which is a Vegetarian platter - had nan bread, lentil curry, Sag Aloo, Bombay potatos, Chana Masala plus rice. More than enough for one so took the left overs home! There are the usual dishes you get in most restaurants plus some chef specials. My partner had a Goan chicken curry which he said was delicious and he also couldn't finish so took home. Will be back for certain

• Visited August 2013