“Very Disappointed”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Grapevine is a Pub in the centre of Exmouth, serving local ales, its own brewed beer craft beer and excellent food. We are just off the town centre near the Strand and are family friendly and dog friendly. The award winning Ruby Kitchen, previously situated in Exeter licensed our kitchen in January 2017 and now serves an extensive range of delicious burgers, specials, salads, shakes ans waffles. Kids menu is available and food can be purchased to take away. All ingredients are sourced locally and all meals are made fresh on site. Open 12-9pm daily.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Having visited Exmouth I had explored potential evening entertainment venues and The Grapevine had been suggested by other TripAdvisor members. Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed especially having read the aforementioned TripAdvisor reviews. I can only assume prior comments had been completed by 'locals'. A different/non-visitor face is certainly only not welcomed and at best they are happy to take your money but not extend the courtesy and invite I would expect as a minimum. I would certainly not recommend tis establishment to anyone visiting Exmouth. Overpriced with poor quality

At best, a local pub where the owners and locals do not make 'outsiders' welcome.

3  Thank P C

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I regularly drink and eat here, and feel welcomed by Oliver and his staff, but today was different. Sunday, yes ... Eating after 2pm( they stop service at 3) yes, but we both felt like we were intruding. My wife's soup was great ,but she had to ask for bread ... Normally home made but not today. At £6.95 bread should be supplied automatically.
My Belly pork had been sitting around for some time. It was quite dry , and the veg was just warm, not hot.
Neighbours of ours arrived before 3 and told the kitchen was closed. Another group arrived about 3:30 and we're told there was no coffee.
We were charged more than£9 over the price, until I complained.
This was a poor effort by the Sunday staff across the board.
We always tip generously but there was no tip today. Disappointed sums it up , which is not the way to feel when you go out for a meal, especially in a pub that is supposedly a forerunner in the Exmouth food experience!

3  Thank Exmothian1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great pub, fantastic atmosphere decor ambience, great hosts, great food. Great live music sat eves from great local artists.

1  Thank dolphin542013
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We been there on last Friday.It was an enjoyable evening .Variety of drinks, not to expensive,nice bar.very friendly staff.the food was amazing. Very good service.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The food is always great (try the pulled pork ciabatta), staff are very friendly and there is a great selection of beers, lagers and ciders that you don't get in most places. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Nathan B