“Super food and service”

Michael's Restaurant
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I visited Michael's Restaurant recently and had a wonderful meal served by a very friendly and efficient waitress. The choice of food was varied and there was a good choice of excellent wines. Highly recommended

2  Thank OrganicJanty

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We visited Michael's Restaurant with six members of the family to celebrate a birthday. This is a small restaurant with about twenty covers (I didn't count!). The decor and furnishings are fresh and modern.

There was a good selection on the menu to suit all tastes with a couple of additions on the blackboard.

I chose an interesting soup, curried cream of cauliflower with coconut milk. It had a very subtle flavour and was absolutely delicious. Others chose the scallops, chicken and ham terrine and fresh local mussels. All delicious and beautifully presented.

For mains three of us chose the Torbay sole with new potatoes etc. Wonderful. Fish cooked to perfection. Others selected the steak, pork medallions and the slow cooked lamb. We were all happy with our choices.

The creme brulee with honeycomb, cheese board, ice cream were selected for dessert.

We could not fault the food, service etc. and we will certainly return there in the future. Highly recommended.

1  Thank walkingwizard
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Only complaint I had that the dinner plates were not hot only luke warm which meant the food served on it was the same Otherwise fantastic meal !!!!

1  Thank gilllennard
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I visited Michael's last weekend following several recommendations and was pleasantly surprised to find that it totally exceeded all expectation. The restaurant itself is fairly small which adds to the welcoming atmosphere and attention to detail shown by its staff. The decor is modern and tasteful but the building still has much of its original charm and character. We were shown to our table and the waitress (who was very knowledgable about the menu) guided us through to make our choices. There was a good selection of starters and main courses, I was impressed by the vegetarian options (although I am not vegetarian) and an additional specials board including locally caught seafood. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and tasted even better, the portion sizes were good (not too small, not too big) and by the end of the main course there was no room for desert which was a shame as there were many I liked the look of! We had a lovely bottle of wine, felt very relaxed in our surroundings and stayed until quite late. All of the staff offered a first class service and I shall definitely be returning here again. I also understand that the owner will hire the restuarant for private party's so I am considering booking for my husbands birthday. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who would like a fantastic meal out for any occassion at a reasonable price.

2  Thank sarah b
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My sister in-law and I visited Michaels restaurant recently as it had been highly recommended to us by a friend. On arrival, we were greeted by a friendly waitress, who kindly showed us to our table. We both had the squid to start, followed by the trio of pork for our main, the portions were excellent value for money and every mouthful was delicious, unfortunately we had no room for dessert, but the choices were mouth watering, the dishes were beautifully presented.

Michaels is defiantly a well worth visit, the décor is very tasteful, and the appearance is very clean and tidy, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
An up-market restaurant with reasonable prices. Congratulations to Michael and all his staff for finally opening a high-class quality restaurant in Exmouth. Will defiantly be dining here again and would recommend anyone reading this review to visit here too!

1  Thank Stickinsect79