“A little gem”
Review of Michael's Restaurant - CLOSED

Michael's Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My friend and I visited the small, but perfectly formed Michael's restaurant for the first time on Friday evening. We both chose the goat's cheese pannacotta to start. It arrived decorated with pretty edible flowers and was creamy and delicious. My main course fillet of beef was tender and I could've cut it with a butter knife. while my friend's sea bass was delicate but immensely tasty. We managed to squeeze in puds of creme brulee and chocolate mousse as a divine ending to a delicious meal. The service was charming and attentive. Thank you for a fabulous evening.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Serenaf66

Buxton, United Kingdom
“Consistent”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Went again during the Christmas holiday, and everything I mentioned in my first review was at the same standard. Lovely service, skilfull cooking, reasonable prices, nice ambience: what more could you ask for? I'm sure you'll love this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Matthew G
Portsmouth, UK
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We visited this restaurant in March 2014 after reading reviews on Trip Advisor.

We visited on a Saturday evening and were glad that they could squeeze us in on short notice.
When we arrived we were quite surprised on how small the place actually was, we felt like we were sat in someone's front room! It was nicely decorated though.
The waitress seated us and took our orders. We decided not to go for starters but straight to the mains. I went for the Fillet Steak (it was on the Specials list that day) and my partner for the Veal.
The food was served within a reasonable amount of time and was very nice, I feel like the portion sizes could have been bigger though considering just my main itself was £20!
We both had desserts, I went for the chocolate mousse and my partner went for the treacle sponge. Both were very nice, my dessert was very well presented although I wasn't that impressed with the honeycomb pieces as it was very chewy?!
Very nice place and good service although we left feeling like portion sizes could have been bigger considering the amount they were priced at!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Christine H
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fresh, uncomplicated, superb.”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The starter (mussels) were good, the filet steak we had as main course was excellent, it came with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. A very welcome and nice alternative to chips and mushrooms :-). Nice wines as well. Very attentive and well trained staff.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Ursula H
devon
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Enjoyed a delicious Christmas menu meal at lunchtime as the restaurant opens for lunch during December. The choice was good with dishes to suit all tastes including veggie options. The service was excellent and the waitress was friendly and quietly efficient.The starter was delicious and unusual as I have never tasted salmon coated scotch egg! Main courses were all enjoyed by everyone in the group and the portions were more than adequate. The desserts are scrumptious! As it is Christmas crackers and mince pies are also included. Great value. Having sampled the food and atmosphere I am looking forward to returning for an evening meal soon.

• Visited December 2013