Tythe Cottage Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: near Sandy Bay Park Resorts holiday park
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Having lived locally for 25 years we thought we should try here and could not have been more disappointed - we chose the Tythe Cottage as somewhere we could dine al-fresco on a hot evening - big mistake!
Clearly aimed at the lowest common denominator the kitchen racks are stocked with Tescos extra value tinned goods and pasta sauces. But for someone pushing buttons on a microwave we could have eaten at home. Add to this 2 glasses of wine from the "same" bottle - 1 dry & 1 sweet and the need to "pay as you go" and I would not recommend this to anyone - if you are staying at Devon Cliffs go the extra mile and eat in town - try the BeaconVaults.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Came here on Sunday for a lunch whilst on holiday to Devon Cliffs and it was hot but indoors had the air con on, lovely. I ordered spagetti bolognese was xpecting mushrooms which i didn't like but i was overjoyed when i found no mushrooms in my dinner. Thanks for that ;) Also thanks for the parmesan one of my favourite cheeses besides halloumi.
The staff were polite and the toilets were decorative. The scenery outside was lovely. My family enjoyed their roasts but i don't like being traditional with my food.
Thanks Thythe Cottage, what a lovely yummy meal!!!

1  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed 7 July 2013

From outside, looks really nice, colourful garden and thatched building. Not much parking and hard to turn into so be careful, easier to park ouside. Food was ok and reasonbly priced as was the drink. Inside felt a bit cramped. we had 4 adults and 1 child and had to use two tables pushed together, although we were told that we couldnt push the tables to far together in case the glass on top bangs together and shatters, perhaps the glass on top needs to go? The staff were friendly and welcomed us, overall avergage restaurant, clean tidy and nice food

Reviewed 28 June 2013

we had a meal here whilst stopping at devon cliffs and all i can say is excellent 3 adults and 3 children all with different meals and drinks and everything was excellent and the price is not bad either

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Looking forward to our night off from convenience holiday food we came in expecting good food and value for money. Sadly my £12 lamb shank with mash was neither. One of my favourite meals was tasteless and bland and I've had much better in countless other pubs. The curry my partner had also tasted like a typical frozen ready meal so it wasnt just an indifferent portion for my main. Although the young team serving we're polite and helpful I really can't agree with those that say the food is good. Save your money and go elsewhere.