“Good food but bad customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Avanti Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 127 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Good food but bad customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Good food but 15 minutes before we left the manager (Donato) started to shout and swear at a member of his staff in the restaurant. I have no idea why, but I feel that whatever the problem was, this should have sorted out in private. I and my party found this altercation to be uncomfortable and embarrassing, After paying the bill I expressed my disappointment to what had happened to Donato, but he became aggressive to me and my family and placed all of the blame on the member of staff. Living locally in Exmouth I would never visit this restaurant again.

Visited September 2013
7 Thank Nicky E

Brighton
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My partner and I were staying for a week staying in Exmouth for a week. Great service, food and wine. Went twice while there. Will visit when next in Exmouth.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BrightonRich
Wells, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyable food with good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We went last Saturday night as a 4. Was busy, usually a good sign. We all had fish from the specials board and was excellent. All had 3 courses and shared 2 bottles of wine , the bill was about £27 a head which I felt was good value for money in nice modern surroundings. Service was prompt without being intrusive, whatever we asked for duly arrived.

Will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Devon
“Very busy but serevice poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I ate here with friends as a celebration, The food was ok but we found the staff very rude and very un attentive. The place was very noisy and understaffed. wouldn't eat their again.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank ChristopherDDevon
Rustington, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“authentic italian food great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Brilliant service and try the 2 course meal with coffee at only £9.95. Very good choices for both adults and kids. Music at tad operatic but not unpleasant

• Visited August 2013