“Heaven In The From Of A Bookshop”
Review of The Book Rest

The Book Rest
Ranked #23 of 127 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: A large, comfortable coffee shop with access hidden at the back of Best Books. An eclectic mix of tables and large comfortable leather sofas incorporating an enclosed area for parents of toddlers to relax in comfort.The food and cakes are lovingly made by the Book Rest Baker and prepared on site by our friendly team.There is a large quiet area with picture windows overlooking the street, ideal for people watching. We aim to provide a unique, relaxing atmosphere with the highest quality, freshest food, excellent service and reasonable prices.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Heaven In The From Of A Bookshop”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Read the reviews on here and thought I should pop in and managed to find time on our last day of the holiday to do so . Well, I'm realy glad I did . Will definately be back when I next visit. It's not only a refresshingly good bookshop , especially for kids books , but a great cafe. . Go go go.

• Visited August 2014

Exmouth, United Kingdom
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Forgot all about this place and don't know why! Staff super and Jodi makes the best coffee and her laugh is infectious, great for families as got a play area but if like me you'd rather enjoy your coffee away from the children there is a quiet area! Cakes are homemade and just tantalising your taste buds and the scones look even better than Otterton Mill and I didn't think I'd say that! Well done and I'll be back

1 Thank Giuliani7
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A Haven of Delight”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited Exmouth on Monday 9 June during our week's holiday in Lympstone. The staff are laidback and friendly, the food generous and delicious. We had a coronation chicken sandwich and a Piri Piri chicken Panini - both tasty and nicely garnished. Pleasant, calm surroundings, interesting décor and very child friendly. Would definitely go there again when next in Exmouth.

• Visited June 2014
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“Nice coffee”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My first visit nice friendly staff good coffee and nice cakes. Nice relaxed atmosphere for some quiet coffee time. I will return.

• Visited May 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really nice place, good selection of food and cakes, service was great, comfy sofas, just a lovely place to relax

• Visited August 2013