“Great food, good value”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My friends and I always visit the Golden Dragon when we're in Exmouth. The food is very good, the staff are always friendly and polite and the restaurant offers quite good value. The menu is fairly diverse and I would definitely recommend the Crispy Duck. No matter what time we go there there's always plenty of space and the only down point is the décor is a little bit dated. Still a really good Chinese restaurant though and well worth a visit.

9  Thank Mike W

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked a table on the Friday night for four. The food and service were excellent. Although the restaurant decor does need an update. But it did not bother me much.I will certainly use it again.

12  Thank 525Mick
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I love a good Chinese; and I can't fault the food served at the Golden Dragon. But the service needs to be worked on. We had booked a table for 7.30 on a Friday night; we arrived at 7:20 and told the gentleman on the counter we had a reservation. He looked at his watch and remarked you are early you will have to sit on the sofa; the restaurant was not busy and there were plenty of tables free and made up including the one we will later seated on. We felt this was not good practice; and have never had this done to us in any other restaurant before. We were finally showed to our table. They seemed very disorganised; menus came and we were asked what drinks etc. Ordered food waitress got order all confused when reading back to us what we had just ordered. Luckily starters arrived and were what we ordered and tasted good. Next came the mains: mine came to the table just fine. My companions had ordered sizzling prawn dishes; one dish came out a few moments later after mine but the next failed to show; all staff were in kitchen; they then came out with another prawn sizzler and gave it to the party next to us. We questioned this; they returned to the kitchen and came out with another dish of sizzling prawns which we thought were ours; no to our disappointment these were swapped and given to the table that had our dish and we were then given the dish off their table; totally loosing the impact of the dish: we really are not impressed. But we couldn't fault the food; the flavours were amazing. We had hardly put the last mouth full in when the waitress came over and took the table cloth from underneath us we still had drinks to finish. We had asked for the dessert menu but decided against it as felt we were being pushed and hurried out of restaurant.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

A family meal out great service and great food. Could not fault anything to do with the food or the service. Good value for money. We normally use the China Garden but have stopped since they do not take cards, not eaten here before but will be going again.

15  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been using this restaurant for the last 25 years. I brought our friends in on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. The service and food were excellent. Highly recommended to everyone.

19  Thank john h