“unfriendly rude owner”

Dining options: Breakfast
Exeter, United Kingdom
“unfriendly rude owner”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Well what can I say about this dreadful place. The manager/owner is so rude I am surprised anyone goes at all. I rocked up on Monday night (30/06/2014) at 8.30pm with my mum. We had been out walking along the sea front and I thought I would treat her to dinner, so after finding every where else closed I thought ahh hold on there's this place,how stupid of me. We got there like I said at 8.30pm only to find the rude owner ushering 2 people out the door. I asked "are you still open" no he replied, so my mum asked him why are you closing, he replied to her "we close at 9pm" well I said as its only 8.30pm and not 9pm cant we get a drink. But noo he just rudely told us "well there are pubs around the corner.With that attitude no wonder other people that were near us said "oh he is always like that he is so rude to everyone" mate i don't want to point out the obvious but you made your self look rather stupid by telling me in front of others you close at 9pm but you kicked everyone out and closed up at 8.30pm duh

Visited June 2014

South Brent
“Not to be repeated!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Enter at your peril! Visited 4/1/14 on our first visit to Exmouth in over 30 years. Amazingly it was quite full! Dogs everywhere, some trying to fight! Décor would have done justice to a prison cell! Tables were dirty. Lovely position with a fantastic view. This place spoilt it! Should be razed to the ground and rebuilt to meet today's standards. Fish was grey! Chips as greasy as the smell pervading the place. Only good remark was that the coffee was at least warm! We will never go there again!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank David P
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Very Short visit”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

New Year's Day visit. Cold and wet outside, promised the children pastie and chips treat for walking along the beach on such a foul weather day. Entered the Harbour View and was hit by the smell. The place smelt greasy dirty cafe with a hint of lavatory, pretty strong so straight back out the door to look for an alternative. This place really needs a clean.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank BlitzkreigBob
Exeter, United Kingdom
“The worst Cafe We have ever had the misfortune to eat at.”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I won't try to be clever with my words. Here is a list.
Dog hairs everywhere
Ripped, filthy seats covered in mushy peas
Dirty Cups and plates
Filthy cutlery
Poor service from staff
Miserable, clearly irritated staff.
Terrible food
We asked for some clean cutlery. A greasy looking man appeared and threw some more, wet, still unclean cutlery in the self service tray, then also threw us a look whilst shaking his head.
Disgusting, give it a wide berth.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Foofan40
nottingham
“could do better”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having walked for about 2 hours my wife and I saw Harbour View café , we said pop in here for a coffee. Big mistake' notices everywhere just like being back at school.
Against my better judgement we settled on two latte's, the place looked like the dark ages so we decided to sit outside in the sun, the benches had seen better days worn and shabby .
Here we were in a Prime position on the sea front next to a lovely beach, and there were pots on empty benches, litter all over the concrete slabs which incidently had weeds and grass growing through the joints.
Whilst sitting there we even had dogs jumping onto the benches.
Sorry to go on but there were no plus points in a beautiful position central to the sea front, where it should be in Pristine condition to attract tourist.
Deserves better?