“Disappointed.”

Description: Krispies Award Winning Fish & Chips
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Went here after hearing good reviews however I was disappointed, after forgetting some of my order so me having to go back and collect it with no offer of any sort of compensation and a rude staff member I wasn't best pleased. Then when I got home to enjoy my meal the fish I ordered was really small, it cost £3.80 so I was very annoyed.The chips were nice but don't know if I'd buy here again.

Tmbarn, Owner at Krispies, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I'm sorry we missed something off your order and appreciate your frustration. The 18th April was are busiest week of the year and unfortunately mistakes are made. The cod that you felt was small for £3.80 was the price of our small cod, we do offer a regular and a large for a bigger appetite.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Award winning illness”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Not for the first time I have been ill after eating sausage and chips from this takeaway. This has happened twice now and I will certainly not go back to this takeaway. I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time but not any more. Award winning? What for, making me ill!!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Sophsdophs
Tmbarn, Owner at Krispies, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Sorry you feel you had a bad experience at Krispies. We serve thousands of customers each week and hundreds of sausages and have never had any reports of illnesses before or since. Every batch of sausages are probed to check that have reached correct temperature and are completely cooked.
Sheffield UK
“Distracted staff, VERY, VERY expensive, detracts from food quality”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We asked a recommendation from a local when we wanted a good fish and chip restaurant. We were given an impression that the food was outstanding at this fish and chip shop. On arriving the staff taking my order were very easily distracted and looked out of the window by events happening out on the road and I had to tell her three times what I actually wanted to order.
The service was swift. The food was served in insulated cardboard packages similar to pizza boxes. I was asked when ordering if I wanted salt and vinegar and I said yes although they did not add this on the meal.
The food was offered to me in a plastic bag they did not include disposable forks or advise me that I might want to put my own salt and vinegar on the food.
My husband's Steak Pie and chips where reasonable quality but the pie could have been warmer.

I would not seek this restaurant out again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kiki230564
Wells
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great fish and chips. The queue (no problem, because the service is excellent) tells you everything you need to know.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank jacopeland2
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome! ”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean and with friendly staff. I love the battered chips! Can't beat them with a large piece of cod!

1 Thank n8udd