“Good food but watch out for the poppadoms!”
Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #21 of 129 Restaurants in Exmouth
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had my first meal here this weekend for a birthday treat. I took advantage of the Sunday banquet special deal and thought the choice on offer was adequate, the deal good value and the food excellent.

However, I was more than a bit miffed that upon arrival my partner and I were asked if we wanted poppadoms whilst we waited to which we agreed. I naturally assumed that they were part of the deal (as they are often given to me free by my usual local take away) but was staggered to discover that I had been charged an additional £3.80 for 4!! (95p each). The most I would expect to pay for a poppadom would be 50p max so although the meal was great I was left feeling very ripped off by this!!

I would have returned on a regular basis but I will admit that this has put me off returning - shame

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Have not eaten in at the restaurant, but have had many a good take away! We are originally from Birmingham but it beats any curry from the Birmingham Balti Mile. Will definitely have to make an effort to book a table in the restaurant and stop being lazy. The garlic rice and Naan breads are amazing. Not so sure my friends thought so the next day, with me stinking of garlic.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Food is fantastic!! The service is amazing! Best Indian restaurant in town! Highly recommended! Thank to all the staff for a lovely evening and making us feel so welcome we will be back! :)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I tried this due to good reviews on trip advisor and was glad I did.
We stayed at the haven site and since the security wont deliver to the caravan I picked it up myself, It's very local, just past the big Tesco and lidl.
The place itself looks very nice, staff welcoming and friendly.
I had the chefs rawalla which was sublime, very well cooked and one of the best curries I've ever tasted.
Definitely check this one out.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent restaurant with attentive staff and great food. The dishes were large and a reasonable price too. Always good when the owner is around and is genuinely interested in your experience. Well worth a visit!