“small, rude and very unpleasant!”
Review of El Olivo

El Olivo
Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Exmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Meze and Tapas in a casual but stylish dining atmosphere, with a constantly changing menu using fresh local produce. Find us on Facebook to see our weekly menu.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

arrived at the resturant - greeted by a lady who failed to even smile at us. the gentleman who worked with her then looked very annoyed and sighed at the fact that we had arrived... it made us all feel very uncomfortable and not welcome at all. the resturant is very small so not ideal for big groups and they was not willing to accomodate us at all and acted like it was a major effort. we then decided we would go and spend our money else where - and was seen off with a sarcastic comment about not being able to find somewhere else to eat. very poor efforts if they were the owners - I wouldnt recommend it to any one!

8  Thank Levine1
There are newer reviews for El Olivo

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I accidentally booked a table for 6 instead of 8, my mistake which I accept but they were not accommodating at all and were very rude! The comment "good luck finding another tapas place in exmouth" was not received well by our group when we said we didn't want to squeeze around an already small table! I will not be trying to return to this place and as my father owns a large hotel in exmouth I will be informing them to not try it! Such a shame as I was really looking forward to trying this place! The chronicle next door couldn't fit us in either but the owner was so helpful recommending us other places! After the event I even had a message from the owner asking me to get my friend to remove her review!

1  Thank Sj23467
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for 8 and they dressed a table for 6. They were extremely rude and unfriendly about the mistake. When we politely said we will go somewhere else they were spiteful and petty. It was a middle aged man and lady. Such a shame as the food has such good reveiws. We will not be trying to go again

3  Thank EllaHalford
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ate here last night with 3 friends. We ordered one of everything off the menu which was just over 3 dishes each. Every plate was delicious and full of flavour. Sadly we were too full to finish it all!! Fabulous food, highly recommend, good price too.....came to £21pp including a bottle of wine we shared. Will definitely be going again (soon!!)

2  Thank Gracielou66
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We ate here last Saturday in a party of 4, we walked in about 10.30pm without booking and were warmly greeted, a table was cleared and cleaned for us quickly & efficiently and we ordered off the inviting menu. The food was of a high standard freshly prepared and inventive, we all thoroughly enjoyed it so much so we have booked again. Don't pass this restaurant by without giving it a try, you will not be Disappointed.

1  Thank itravalot61