“Reminder you need to visit El Olivo”
Review of El Olivo

El Olivo
Ranked #13 of 127 Restaurants in Exmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Meze and Tapas in a casual but stylish dining atmosphere, with a constantly changing menu using fresh local produce. Find us on Facebook to see our weekly menu.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Reminder you need to visit El Olivo”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you are anywhere near Exmouth on holiday you need to try out El Olivo If you like good food especially Tapas and excellent wines this is all served in a friendly cosy atmosphere with some good music thrown in.

• Visited May 2014

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ambience and perfect food!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

What a super restaurant! We visited Exmouth for a quick weekend get away and we were so glad to come across a restaurant that offered fresh food and different varieties of dishes. The atmosphere in the restaurant was perfect for our family of 4, our 2 children were looked after so well by the owner. The chef came out to see us and chatted about how they came to the area and enthused about all the ideas they have for future months. We will definately visit next time we are in Exmouth!!

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A cosy welcoming place that is far too good ta pas by!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

As children often stare into sweet shop windows, I used to catch myself staring into the huge glass front of this tapas, wondering what treats might lie in store. I felt it would be rude to press my nose up to the glass, so I asked my husband to take me inside so we could choose our pick n mix.
Once inside, the aromatic fresh fusion excited my senses and lively chatter let me know that there was a great buzz about the place. It was difficult to decide what to pick n mix. It all looked so tempting.
After much deliberation we chose some amazing dishes. I would definitely recommend the courgette fritters, and neither of us are vegetarian. Our fish was cooked to perfection, and fresh as a daisy. It would have been rude not to accompany it with a 'great white!' The Esmerelda is a particularly good white wine, and very reasonably priced too.
And so we enjoyed a 'sweet treat.' Good food, divine wine, intimate atmosphere and excellent service. Mustn't forget to praise the exciting company of my glorious husband too. But then that's not really up for review.........

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sammyjaynelines
“Probably the best food in Exmouth”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely local restaurant in Exmouth, friendly atmosphere and wonderful service. They couple who run it are always accommodating. Thank you for making out visit so memorable. Its definitely a 'must visit'!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Stuart N
“small, rude and very unpleasant!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

arrived at the resturant - greeted by a lady who failed to even smile at us. the gentleman who worked with her then looked very annoyed and sighed at the fact that we had arrived... it made us all feel very uncomfortable and not welcome at all. the resturant is very small so not ideal for big groups and they was not willing to accomodate us at all and acted like it was a major effort. we then decided we would go and spend our money else where - and was seen off with a sarcastic comment about not being able to find somewhere else to eat. very poor efforts if they were the owners - I wouldnt recommend it to any one!

• Visited May 2014