“Good for tea and a sit down”
Review of Deli on the Strand

Deli on the Strand
Ranked #24 of 141 Restaurants in Exmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Description: A small, friendly delicatessen in the heart of Exmouth that prides itself on excellent coffee, great tasting food and first class customer service.
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Had a cup of tea and shortbread biscuit outside watching the world go by. Good tea and the biscuits were only 20p each. Saw some interesting food inside - black pudding scotch egg - looked lovely but didn't try any as we were not hungry. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank FDS01

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the cafe with three family members in late August and was extremely disappointed..

When ordering drinks and meals, the till system crashed so no card payments could be taken and the girls behind the till were all extremely flustered, no one actually looked as if they were in charge/supervising and it was quite an embarrassing experience in honesty.

Furthermore, my mother and I waited 30/40 for a salad and a small quiche with salad. The salad on the menu was described as a chicken salad with avocado, pomegranate and mango on a bed of mixed leaves. However, what came out was a measly chicken salad on some limp leaves and instead of the ingredients described, chorizo was used as the replacement! I was very put out by this and asked the waitresses where these salad ingredients were only to be told they didn’t have any.

A very poor experience to somewhere I won’t be returning!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I think it’s all been said by other reviewers. Excellent coffee, superb food. Miss this little gem of a deli at your peril.

2  Thank DevonDave99
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We sat outside in the sunshine and ordered a cappuccino and black coffee. My husband, a mad cappuccino connoisseur was so impressed and said it was perfect, praise in deed. My coffee was fine and the cake, a fig crumble, was lovely. The only disappointment for me was the miniscule biscotti at 50p
All said very nice, clean and would return.

Date of visit: August 2018
DeliontheStrand, Owner at Deli on the Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi ali1965 and thank you for taking the time to review our Deli. First of all we’re very glad both you and your husband enjoyed your experience today. We agree both the cake and coffee are delicious but I’m surprised you think biscotti is 50p when In fact it’s only 25p so maybe you had 2.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The food is always delicious and beautifully made. Great coffee and lovely inside. Has to be one of the best cafes in Devon. I live in Berkshire amd wish i had such a lovely cafe near me. Awful to read of the atrocious behaviour of the utter slob of man who was aggressive but great to know the owner protected his young staff so well.

1  Thank annasendall11