“Fabulous”
Review of South Beach Cafe

South Beach Cafe
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Seafood, British
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just returned from our holiday at Haven and ate at the restaurant on several occasions. The view was outstanding and we sat outside overlooking the sea on each of our visits. We were served by Will on every occasion who was fantastic and nothing was to much trouble, along with the rest of the staff kept tables clear and prompt in clearing up after guests had left. The food was fabulous my ten year old was eating smoked salmon, prawns and mussels by the time we left! The restaurant was family friendly especially with the play area so close by. I would definitely recommend visiting and especially try the seafood that's on offer.......and if you have room the Eton mess :)

• Visited August 2014
South Beach C, Public Relations Manager at South Beach Cafe, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for the lovely review you have left about the South Beach Cafe.

It sounds like Will looked after you well - he is a star! it is great to read that you enjoyed your meals and even your 10 year old was kept happy and trying new things.

We hope to welcome you back sometime.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burger”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

You would be better buying the burger from the onsite Burger King, most probably the worst burger ever eaten, over cooked, rock hard, I have a very high suspicion that this was re heated in a microwave or the chef was drunk and forgot about it on the griddle...stay clear

Hi Rob W,

Thank you for the review you have left - I have to say I am really sorry that you didn't get a chance to enjoy our high standard of food.

I can also confirm we don't own a microwave nor do I think any of our team were under the influence.

I do hope you fed-back to the team on the day and allowed us to turn this situation around by at least us offering to change your meal or refund you?

If you would like to contact me to further investigate, please e-mail me on SBCtripadvisor@haven.com

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Fab restaurant!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We visited this restaurant a few times this summer, I cannot say enough good things about the place, the food was amazing, especially the hake with butternut squash puree and squid ink, lush!!
The restaurant is also very family friendly, with a lovely play area just outside, and a view to die for!!
Overall one of the best restaurants I have eaten in, nearly forgot also fab waiting staff especially Lauren & Hannah.

Dear Carolyn G,

Thank for taking the time to write us a great review on your recent experience of the South Beach Cafe.

I am glad you and your family made the most of our offering whilst enjoying the food also.

Thanks for the kind words about the team, we'll be sure to pass this over.

We hope to see you again soon.

london
“great food”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We visited the Haven site in August for a weekend with our grandson. All the food was good well prepared and lots of fresh fish. It is hard to find fresh fish well prepared and so well presented. The deserts were good as well they even presented our grandsons ice cream on a slate platter. We tried the mussels and even had crab sandwiches. Very happy with everything. On the first night we had to wait quite a while for our food as they were very busy but the food was worth waiting for. Very surprised to find such good food on a holiday camp. If we are in the area again I would visit the site just to eat at this restaurant

Dear farmgirlLondon,

Thank you for the excellent review you have left us here at the South Beach Cafe.

It is great to read that we exceeded your expectation with regards to finding a gem within a holiday resort.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great for families”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We come hear every time we visit Devon Cliffs and the food and service rarely disappoint. Saying that the burgers can be very dry so ask for them medium to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. Lots of distractions for the wee ones and a park within eyes view if they insist getting down whilst you finish your drinks.

Use your privilege cards to get 15% off all food AND drink!

Dear NatalieJayW,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a nice review.

I will feedback your comment on the burgers to the Head Chef!

It is great to read that you join us regularly - I can see from the 15% mention that you must be a holiday home owner from Devon Cliffs - you probably know the menu better than me ;-)

See you soon