“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Beach Cafe

South Beach Cafe
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Exmouth
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We ate here most nights of the week as it's the only place on the camp site that does FRESH food. If me and my family could afford it we would eat here breakfast, lunch and dinner! I'ts not often you go to a restaurant and actually sit back and enjoy watching the staff work, they do it so well. It was always busy in the evening and all the staff were so efficient. It's managed very well by the girls in all blue ( I'm sure these are the managers). Food is so fresh you don't mind waiting 40 minutes for it, It's also lovely to see your food being cooked by the chefs in the open kitchen. A great location too! well done I hope you do reach your goal of no.1!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank sarah l

“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Great choice of seating and the food is of a high standard. The views are brilliant and makes a great break from a day on the beach

“Lovely food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We ate here on our last night of the holidays the food was lovely but very over priced just like the rest of the haven site

Visited August 2014
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just returned from our holiday at Haven and ate at the restaurant on several occasions. The view was outstanding and we sat outside overlooking the sea on each of our visits. We were served by Will on every occasion who was fantastic and nothing was to much trouble, along with the rest of the staff kept tables clear and prompt in clearing up after guests had left. The food was fabulous my ten year old was eating smoked salmon, prawns and mussels by the time we left! The restaurant was family friendly especially with the play area so close by. I would definitely recommend visiting and especially try the seafood that's on offer.......and if you have room the Eton mess :)

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
South Beach C, Public Relations Manager at South Beach Cafe, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for the lovely review you have left about the South Beach Cafe.

It sounds like Will looked after you well - he is a star! it is great to read that you enjoyed your meals and even your 10 year old was kept happy and trying new things.

We hope to welcome you back sometime.

Regards,

Allen
“Burger”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

You would be better buying the burger from the onsite Burger King, most probably the worst burger ever eaten, over cooked, rock hard, I have a very high suspicion that this was re heated in a microwave or the chef was drunk and forgot about it on the griddle...stay clear

Hi Rob W,

Thank you for the review you have left - I have to say I am really sorry that you didn't get a chance to enjoy our high standard of food.

I can also confirm we don't own a microwave nor do I think any of our team were under the influence.

I do hope you fed-back to the team on the day and allowed us to turn this situation around by at least us offering to change your meal or refund you?

If you would like to contact me to further investigate, please e-mail me on SBCtripadvisor@haven.com

Regards,