Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Manor Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
  • Restaurant
US$107
  • Breakfast included
The Dolphin Hotel Exmouth(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Bar/Lounge
US$463
US$448
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Royal Beacon Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$138
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsleisure facilitiestennis courtscroquet lawnchristmas lightssnooker roomdevon courtsteam roomtime shareone bedroom apartmentputting greenoutdoor poolsea viewsmall balconybit datedself cateringlovely hotelreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We wanted a break away and had no idea where to go! after seeing the reviews about the
Devoncourt and the pictures we booked 3 nights. My girlfriend and i had a brilliant time, we
had a sea view that was beautiful over looking amazing gardens. The beach was a stone throw and the town was just as near! we would highly recommend the Devoncourt Hotel ! we might be back soon :-)

Room Tip: Ask 4 a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David F
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is the perfect place for a mini break. We had the most perfect weekend, the staff are all delightful and made us feel so welcome and relaxed. We arrived at night so the view of the gardens and sea in the morning was a lovely suprise. I would recommend this hotel to all ages and groups. The breakfast was yummy. You should definitely stay for the carvery on sunday - amazing food!

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

After just having returned from my stay at the Devoncourt with my partner and 2 friends I can honestly say that our time spent in this hotel was superb.

The staff were unbelievably friendly, I can only assume that most have been working at the hotel a number of years as they seem expert at making you feel like you are walking into their home rather than a hotel. The manager Andrew specifically made such an effort to talk to me, clearly showing his passion in regard to the devoncourt but also taking a genuine interest in understanding a bit about his guests. Aside from this I witnessed him going out of his way to help an elderly woman around the hotel and talk to her about her requirements and speaking to what I assume must be "regulars" in a consistently friendly and helpful way.

The breakfast consisted of a great choice from continental to a cooked English breakfast and was a very good standard but in terms of food the star of the show is most definitely the Carvery on a Sunday. For £8.95 we had arguably the best roast dinner I have eaten and this is most definitely confirmed by the number of non hotel guests that literally queue out of the door to eat it.

Facilities - the Hotel has a well equipped gym, a sauna, swimming pool, jacuzzi as well as tennis courts which although we didnt use I feel add even more value to your stay.

From earlier reviews I had read, there were comments relating to the lack of modern decor, to an extent these are true but actually you can tell that is not what the devoncourt is all about. It has character, it is clean and most of all it is a place I truly felt relaxed the whole time I was there.

The room we had was spotlessly clean, well equipped (TV, Fridge, hair dryer etc) and well set out. However the real USP of this hotel is the view. Standing out on our balcony of our sea view room was genuinely one of the highlights of our trip to Devon. A stones throw away from the sea, this hotel has no doubt some of the best views I've come across.

Although car parking is slightly limited, you can also park on the road which I found particularly useful as I drive a large car and the car park is quite tight.

In summary the Devoncourt is a friendly, well presented hotel in a fantastic location and I would not hesitate to stay there next time I am in Devon

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, weather outside awful but nonetheless we all had a fab time. Group of 12, (Mums in their 50'S, daughters & their friends in their 30'S) We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartments & had rooms spread over 3 floors. All had comfy nights sleep. Hotel is not ultra-modern, but.... it is full of character, better than going to a hotel chain where it becomes boring because you know what to expect & where the staff seem to have a script to talk to you with as they all say the same!. Room facilities were excellent, plenty of room, well equipped in kitchen area , bathrooms clean & nice towels. Swimming pool & all the facilities were really good, gym well equipped, didn't use gym as we were all on treat weekend, but music pumping out was fab! Made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived, nothing was too much trouble. Staff sorted out taxi's for us to get to & from Exeter. All in all a wonderful weekend, don't be put off by negative comments, go & try yourself. Thank you to the Manager & all his staff, you are doing a great job & we are already talking about a return trip.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Only one night stay, I can't really fault in to much. The room was clean and had everything that I needed for my stay. The decor is a little dated but not as bad as some people seem to make out on trip adviser.
The staff are very helpful nothing to much trouble.
A great breakfast started at 8.00 the next morning as told by reception on arrival.
My only one gripe was when I had coffee yesterday eve I think it had been super heated just for me,as all the taste had been beaten out of the poor coffee.
On the whole a good stay,and we will be back soon.