“A lovely place to stay”
Review of Barn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Barn Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here as my son is short of room at his home in Exmouth. What a great choice it was. Lovely comfortable room, small but ideal for one person. Comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities, digital tv, great shower room en suite. Power went off in the morning. Owner came up to room to apologise and asked if I would like to use another room to dry my hair.
Breakfasts were good. Could have done with natural yogurt but that's just me being fussy. I will definately be using The Barn in the future when I go down to see my son.

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Barn Hotel

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed here with my sister and son. We had a wonderful stay in a family room with views of the sea....very pleasant. Chris and Cheryl were very welcoming and Cheryl's breakfasts are amazing, they set you up for a good days walking along the amazing beach!! Which i recomend you go on as it is beautiful, even in November.....just need to be wrapped up! Location of hotel is perfect, 10 min walk into town centre of exmouth and an even shorter walk to the beach!
The Barn itself is going through some renovations so i am even more excited about my stay nxt year......the heated pool is something i am looking forward to as my nxt stay will be in the warmer weather so hopefully i can have a swim! What i love about the hotel is its character and it has bags!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at the Barns Hotel in November 2011 for 3 nights following a recommendation after my parents had stayed. The hotel itself is stunning - grade II listed with breath taking views. Chris and Cheryl were very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in room 8 which had a lovely view of the gardens, swimming pool and the sea! The room was very comfortable, clean and tidy. The breakfast was fantastic - definately top quality. All in all - a great hotel with a fab location - we will definately return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The Barn Hotel was very comfy....Our lovely room was spacious and "quirky" in keeping with the building which was grade 2 listed..Chris and Chris and Cheryl were very courteous and welcoming...English breakfast was 1st class...2 acre gardens were beautiful...we are looking forward to our next visit

Room Tip: Every room is different......we had room 11 up a few flights of stairs as I requested a quiet room...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruthslady7
Reviewed 1 October 2011

From the outside and the reception area the barn was lovely, and Chris was very welcoming. Unfortunately the room allocated was certainly not a superior room. We were in the attic - hand rails on the stairway up 3 flights of stairs were loose. The room was not very clean and smelt of paint which made my son feel unwell.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayne W
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband and I treated ourselves to a weekend away to celebrate our anniversary and could not have picked a more pleasant and welcoming place to go. We chose this hotel at random and were highly delighted with both the hotel and the exceptionally friendly welcome from the owners Chris and Cheryl. The views from the room (room 6) were stunning gave sensational views at all times of the day, the sunset was spectacular!! The breakfast was plentiful and I understand the chef now sources locally which showed in the quality of the full english!!! The staff including the waiter Chris looked after us superbly and nothing was too much bother. Rooms were fresh, clean and comfortable and the duvets were lovely to snuggle into, we will definitely be coming back to this hotel and who knows it may become an anniversary tradition!!

Room Tip: Room 6 for a stunning view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I booked into the barn for me and my partner and when we arrived i was suprised how lovely, friendly and welcoming it was, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Our room was lovely with a sea view and exceptionally clean and the bed was very comfy too.
Breakfast was lovely and freshly cooked and presented beautifully i would recomnend to all of my friends 10/10.
At the moment they are redecorating and carpeting and whats been done so far looks lovely so will be back next year to see the rest and as a bonus the swimming pool is up and running :) thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2011