“Love this hotel! The best view in the UK”
Review of Barn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Barn Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel! The best view in the UK”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

So, my second visit to the barn & I fall more & more in love with this place after each visit! I was fortunate enough to choose a lovely sunny weekend & this made the trip perfect. If I could afford it I would go every weekend!
Chris made us feel at home & was very helpful if we needed directions! And Cheryl still servers a great breakfast, I highly recommend the sausages!

Overall, hotel is lovely, quirky & oozes character. I have only been home a day & already planning when I can get back there to sit & stare at the sea in the sun.....pure bliss!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chebby-Booney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
exeter
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the Barn hotel for one night with my mother, the night before the wedding. The room was lovely, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good. The hotel had a very relax atmosphere and made the night before my mothers wedding perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kitkatExeter
Nottingham
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Spent one night at the Barn Hotel - but would happly go back. Our room (the "Garden Room") was large with comfortable bed and a corner seating area. Breakfast was good. The hotel is about 25 minutes' walk into Exmouth along the sea front, or shorter if you nip down back streets. There is also a pleasant bit of beach right near the hotel. It is ideally situated for a walk along the cliffs into Budleigh Salterton, from where you can get the bus back if you wish.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1968jaw
southampton
Reviewed 16 April 2012

What a find!! This is a superb bed and breakfast in the absolute ideal location. We were very welcomed showing us the incredible view with good lounge facility and breakfast room. The room was spacious and newly decorated very tastefully. The breakfast was first class with a choice of juices, yogurts and cereals then followed by excellent cooked breakfast with the best sausages ever!! A delightful stay and we will be back for sure!!! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 6 has superb views
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

we stayed 1 night at the barn.the hotel is set in a lovely location just off the exmouth coast. The hotel had a change of ownership last may & the current owners are updating the hotel areas do look a little tired. Our room had a lovely view, the furnishings were nice, & modern, but did not match the tired old wall furnishing. The bathroom was very basic, an old redring shower in the bath,and the soap tray had old used soap in & was not very clean! unfortunately the extractor fan in the bathroom was very noisy as was the plumbing which lasted 20-30 minutes which made sleep difficult.

the breakfast was very basic- packet cereals or a english breakfast- porridge was not an option.the one hour window for breakfast was a little tight [ 8-9am]

the communal lounge was very pleasant

we probably would not stay again as would prefer slightly more home comforts- decent bathroom & better breakfast options?? some fresher options rather than packets

we wish the current owners success in updatting this potential lovely hotel

Room Tip: sea view, close walking distance to exmouth coast & town
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank corrine t
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The owner was friendly and let us into our room early which was great. The room was really big with an excellent sea view and comfy bed. Some things were a bit tired e.g. the curtains but the size of the room and view made up for this. The location was ideal, just a few minutes walk to the beach and 5 minutes to the town. The breakfast was really good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank totalec1ipsed
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at The Barn for two days and it wasn't long enough, the room with a sea view was wonderful and the hotel has been beautifully furnished in keeping with its arts and crafts character. The hotel was charming and I would have liked to have stayed longer to explore the gardens more but it was February so a bit chilly to sit outside. I would love to go back again in the summer and enjoy a drink on the patio looking over the glorious gardens. The breakfast was delicious and the best that I have had in any hotel, the owner was very friendly and I liked the fact that they put faith in their clients by offering an honesty bar. All in all an excellant stay and I would break my rule of never going to the same place twice by visiting the barn again. It's also worth mentioning that the owners have recently refurbished the communal rooms to a very high standard and are in the process of refurbishing the bedrooms so any previous reviews may not reflect this.

Room Tip: I would ask for a sea view as these look over the beautiful gardens as well.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple