“Fantastic view”
Review of Barn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Barn Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic view”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

If I had to be picky, I'd say the general decor is a bit tired and there could have been a better selection for breakfast. But when you're sat in bed looking at the crashing waves and the hills beyond, these things don't really matter. Views couldn't be better. We'll go back if we need to stay in Exmouth again.

Room Tip: Room 6 is a good size with views directly onto the lawns and sea beyond. Overlooked slightly by som...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kingtrumpet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

A superb building tastefully done. Gardens and pool great for my daughter. Big room for three of us but aware another family staying unhappy with their very small room

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Scottla52
Surrey
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I booked 2 nights at The Barn but ended up only staying 1 night. This was due to there not being that much to do in Exmouth and due to the fact we had little sleep at The Barn. Our bedroom was tiny, I did notice that another vacant room was bigger, the bed was a small double so we battled to sleep. The room decor was a little tired and needed updating and the hair dryer (the old fashion on the wall types) took hours to eventually dry my hair.
We could also hear other guests coming and going thru the night which didnt help. The manager was really friendly and concerned. The breakfast was good and the outdoor area, pool and views over Exmouth are fab.
We left a day early which was a great move as we drove onto Lyme Regis which had a lot more going on then Exmouth.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LLandJL
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

So, my second visit to the barn & I fall more & more in love with this place after each visit! I was fortunate enough to choose a lovely sunny weekend & this made the trip perfect. If I could afford it I would go every weekend!
Chris made us feel at home & was very helpful if we needed directions! And Cheryl still servers a great breakfast, I highly recommend the sausages!

Overall, hotel is lovely, quirky & oozes character. I have only been home a day & already planning when I can get back there to sit & stare at the sea in the sun.....pure bliss!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chebby-Booney
exeter
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the Barn hotel for one night with my mother, the night before the wedding. The room was lovely, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good. The hotel had a very relax atmosphere and made the night before my mothers wedding perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kitkatExeter
Nottingham
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Spent one night at the Barn Hotel - but would happly go back. Our room (the "Garden Room") was large with comfortable bed and a corner seating area. Breakfast was good. The hotel is about 25 minutes' walk into Exmouth along the sea front, or shorter if you nip down back streets. There is also a pleasant bit of beach right near the hotel. It is ideally situated for a walk along the cliffs into Budleigh Salterton, from where you can get the bus back if you wish.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1968jaw
southampton
Reviewed 16 April 2012

What a find!! This is a superb bed and breakfast in the absolute ideal location. We were very welcomed showing us the incredible view with good lounge facility and breakfast room. The room was spacious and newly decorated very tastefully. The breakfast was first class with a choice of juices, yogurts and cereals then followed by excellent cooked breakfast with the best sausages ever!! A delightful stay and we will be back for sure!!! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 6 has superb views
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple