“It's just fabulous”

New Moorings Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exmouth
New Moorings Guest House
Ranked #11 of 19 Exmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

I am on my fifth visit to Dave and Michelle's wonderful B&B. I have just spent a week in their smallest room but it's so comfy and clean and has so much storage I could easily stay another week without feeling confined. I've had a different breakfast every day. The room is lovely and warm and has all the little things other places don't think of - tisssues, alcohol gel, flannel, shower cap, rail for drying clothes and the bed is very comfortable. I overlook the road but it has been so quiet I could have slept for days. The sign by the front door says "Enter as strangers, leave as friends". Never has a statement been more true. Thank you guys.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Only a one night stay on business for me but I would not look for anywhere else if I come to this area again. As has been said by many others,Dave and Michelle cannot do enough for you. A warm welcome and spotlessly clean room with plenty of nice little touches and no shortage of hot water. Shower was great, as was the breakfast next morning. Ideally located for town and beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Brilliant B&B, Lovely location as a short 2 minute walk to the beach. Lovely owners Dave & Michelle. Would recommend to anyone who likes a little luxury. Breakfast is perfect everytime. Dave & Michelle very welcoming with tea and cake on arrival! Was January when we stayed but had a lovely time walking along the beach and shopping in the town. Dave & Michelle helped with finding somewhere to eat and the rooms are spotless!! I stayed with My partner & 6 year old. Rooms are sound proof and ensuite was clean with lots of clean towels and tea,coffee and biscuits. Will be staying again for sure! Bowling alley and swimming pool within walking distance and lots of bars/cafes to go to. Recommend the Chinese.Enjoy your stay..don't choose anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LaurenF22
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We found this B&B great. My wife has trouble with stairs, phoned New Moorings and Dave assured us that we would have room on the ground floor. On arrival Dave and Michelle came out to greet us, Dave carried our luggage in and Michelle made us a cup of tea. The room was clean and tidy Dave offered me a parking pass for the town car parks. All in all the did everything they could to make us feel welcome.Truly the bees knees..

Room Tip: phone for any special requirements
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

I have just returned home after staying for 3 weeks at New Moorings on a business trip. I can honestly say that this is far and away the best guest house I have ever stayed in. Nothing is too much effort for the fantastic hosts, Dave and Michelle. The rooms are spotlessly clean. Beds are very comfy. Loads of hot water and an excellent power shower. The breakfast is wonderful and cooked freshly to order. I think it tells a tale that most of the other guests staying whilst I was there were on their 2nd or 3rd visit and they were all of the same opinion as me. I just hope that I get another opportunity to visit New Moorings again one day soon.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank biglazycar
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Hospitality - Excellent, very friendly and helpful
Rooms - Excellent, very clean & comfortable
Food - Excellent, full English NOT swimming in grease :-)
Atmosphere - Friendly

A lot of B&B's, and a fair few hotels, could take lessons from Dave & Michelle on how to run their businesses. The New Moorings offer first class service on a budget, but without compromising on quality. We had a highly memorable stay, and for once it was for all the right reasons.

We would have no hesitation in recommending family & friends to stay in this lovely B&B, and would definitely book again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HonestyEngland
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Spent the weekend here and had a great break, despite the weather!! The monsoon season arrived with us, but Michelle and Dave are such great hosts they made us feel so welcome we soon forgot about the weather. The place is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are delicious and plentiful. Our room was spacious, bed very comfortable and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay again and have no hesitation in recommending it to others. Location is good for town centre, beach and harbour. Parking can be difficult but local car park pass resolves that. Thank you Michelle and Dave for welcoming us into your home, and making us feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple