“Keeps getting better”
Review of The Waterfront Restaurant - CLOSED

The Waterfront Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open on bank holidays for Breakfast, Lunch,afternoon teas & Dinner Monday to Saturday last orders 21.00 Sundays 10am to 4.30pm
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I visited the waterfront again yesterday and had a business meeting there with a colleague and had lunch. The food was again brilliant quality, presented lovely, staff were very efficient, views as ever were beautiful and a nice glass of wine went down very well. Will keep on coming back

Reviewed 8 August 2014

If they brewed lager they would all taste this good .
Had heard some mixed reviews of this place but cant speak highly enough of them . Perhaps the reminder that we wanted to order a desert may have prevented me giving a 5 but there again I cant recall giving a 5 to any one yet, so don't feel too disheartned.
Fab place , great food, great service , fab location. What more could you as for . I would urge you to go

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We called in as it appeared new to us as we had not been down the pier end for a few months. What a surprise to find The Waterfront.Open most of the day,closes from 4.30pm to 6pm, they have a good menu throughout the day and an excellent dinner. Good fresh fish and some super specials.The staff were really good and most helpful. Good outside sitting area overlooking the estuary towards Dawlish.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the most delicious meal on a Saturday night in late July.. Gazpacho to start which was just gorgeous, seafood tagliatelle delicious, followed by a raspberry, merangue hazelnut yummy pud. In fact I ranted so much about the soup that my daughters insisted on having lunch there the next day ( a Sunday). It's open until late afternoon. I thought it was good value for such delicious food. Our waitress engaged a lot and Keith and sarah, the owners were attentive. I've been in the day time for drinks and if it's a sunny day you need sunglasses on the verandah it's so bright.
I'd heard at the beginning that portions were too small, but I think they have that sorted from my own experiences. And it's so lovely to be right on the water's edge.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently had our wedding reception at the Water Front. It was a fabulous experience-everything was perfect and nothing was too much trouble for our hosts and their staff. We arrived together with our fifty guests at about 3.30 and everything was just amazing. We all moved onto the lovely balcony for canapés and bubbly and chat and photos, with some cool live music playing. We spent a couple of very happy hours with the staff just keeping everything flowing beautifully. We then moved in for our wedding meal, five courses if you include the cake- and it was fabulous just fabulous. The day was beautiful but even if it had been wet, the venue would have been perfect since the outside balcony with wonderful sea views, can be totally enclosed and even heated. We have had such wonderful comments from all our guests, who thought that the whole reception was amazing. Amazing things don't usually happen by accident and the care of the hosts and staff not simply on the day itself but also in the preparation was just fantastic. We could not recommend this more highly for a wedding reception or similar- it exceeded our expectations.