“Holiday well spent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Manila, Philippines
“Holiday well spent”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

After a long ride from Liverpool we finally arrived here by evening and was impressed with the Caravan that we used. Knowing it is a "caravan" the space would really be smaller than usual but it is well-kept and very clean and everything works well with complete supply of kitchen necessities.

The long walk going to the cliffs/beach side is good as an alternative for a morning exercise and the place is beautiful in the morning as the waters are low but we only took pictures and played with the sands as the water is cold.

Entertainment area is a good and the indoor pool facilities as well. We also managed to visit nearby places for other activities.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear MissRein

Thank you for your review about your stay at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park.

We have a dedicated team on park to ensure the caravans are well maintained and cleaned to the highest possible standards, and I was pleased to read you found your caravan to be just that.

I am so glad you had a chance to enjoy the beautiful walks and view we are so lucky to have and that you and your family enjoyed the entertainment and the pool facilities.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Devon Cliffs soon.

The Devon Cliffs Trip Advisor Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A lovely place for a break. I've been going here for 44 years and still love it. I went there as a child and have taken my children there with their friends and girlfriends and they have all loved it. I would recommend the ladies night in the spa. It great on the roof top at night in the hot tub with a glass of champagne. The walk along the beach or along the cliffs tops into Exmouth is a must.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Su C
Dear Su C

I would like to say a huge thank you for leaving your review about Devon Cliffs.

It's great to hear that after the many years you have been coming to stay with us, not only you, but your family as well are still enjoying all we have to offer, especially the Luxurious Ladies Night in the Spa.

Once again thank you for your comments & we look forward to welcoming you all back at Devon Cliffs soon.

Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Me, my husband and 2 children (aged 12 and 4) were invited to stay with my brother in law, his girlfriend and their children in an 8 birth caravan located on Beach Walk.
Firstly, the caravan was lovely and had an outside decking area, perfect for the young children to play.
The site is really big, with it's own private beach. Both are very well kept.
The beach is only accessible by a very steep path so please be aware of this if you are travelling with pushchairs, wheelchairs etc.
There are several rock pools on the beach which provided hours of enjoyment for the children and adults alike. There is a lot of seaweed to walk through though so I'd advise beach or firm shoes.
Food in the Mash and Barrel was typical pub grub, nothing to rave about and typical of this business the drinks were over priced.
Entertainment in the clubs is typical holiday entertainment including character shows, bingo, live singers and disco. Great for the kids.
Overall, my family and I enjoyed our time at Devon Cliffs and would definitely return in the future.

Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Danielle H
Dear Danielle H

Thank you for your recent review regarding your holiday at Devon Cliffs.

It was great to hear that you found the caravan to be in a suitable location and were so lucky to have a veranda for the kids to play out on, as this is something that isn't guaranteed with the holiday homes.

I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed the rock pools down on the beach. Sadly, during certain tides we do experience deposits of seaweed, which is something we cannot prevent. However we do have systems & processes in place in order to maintain the amount so that everyone can enjoy the beach.

Once again thank you for leaving your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at Devon Cliffs very soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Been wanting to try the place out for years.. Booked 2 nights for our caravan in there Super pitch.. I was so shocked by the size of it I double checked the paperwork.. Small on a slope? Why make hardstanding on a slope? And it felt like a tight housing estate! The place is now for static only really and to big with out the size of facilities to match.
The toilet block is pretty old and in need of a proper clean and upgrade to the standards we expect.. Haven Kiln park is so much better all round especially the toilets/showers. Whilst we were in the Bar as no seats available in entertainment areas there was a evacuation of the place! Caused problems and we lost our drinks..
The Mash and barrel was ok service could be better especially when no Cuttlery was given so we ended up eating cold food by the time staff sorted it out!
We will not return to this site.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexacs
Dear Alexacs

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Devon Cliffs.

I am sorry that you felt the Touring pitches were unsuitable, do to the terrain of our park, slight slopes or inclines are, sadly, unavoidable. I would also like to apologise taht you found the of the Touring showers/facilities to be unclean, we do have a team who regularly check and clean the block and I am sorry that they were, on this occasion, not up to the usual high standards.

During the busy periods we can experience high volumes of guests, I can assure you that our venues and facilities are more than capable of accommodating everyone, however we do advise that you arrive early to the entertainments to ensure you get a seat, as we understand it does get busy.

Thank you again for your review and if you were to book again at Devon Cliffs, please let us know of your reference number and we take a personal interest in your booking. Please contact us at devoncliffstripadvisor@haven.com.

bristol
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked out trip though a 'Sun Offer'. Having been here before and the kids loving it we thought we would return.
After we had booked my father in law also booked a break and I called the park to request caravans together.
On arrival it was very quick and efficient and my request to be near my father in law was met.
The caravan was basic but clean and overlooked South Beach Café. We had a problem with the fire and the toilet and both times the maintenance people came out and fixed it while we were out.
The entertainment in both Show bars was great. A good mix of entertainment for all ages. My kids loved the 2p machines and the indoor soft play area as well as the character shows!
The swimming pool is a good size with slides and a splash park for smaller children.
The food was nice and the prices were not too bad.
Overall another great time at this park and will definately return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank minkymoo1976
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Hi Minkymoo1976,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at Devon Cliffs. We are really pleased that you had an excellent stay.

it’s great to hear we were able to accommodate your requests when notifying us in advance, of course should you book in future and need any requirements, please do not hesitate to let us know.

We are sorry to hear there were a couple of maintenance issues, and hope these were repaired to your satisfaction.

We appreciate your feedback about or facilities, pools and food outlets, all of which you seem to have thoroughly enjoyed.

We hope to have you back here with us again in 2014, where our team look forward to welcoming you back.

The DC Trip Advisor Team
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We went to sandy bay Devon cliffs in April. It was the best family holiday that I have had I took my 4 grandchildren aged from 15, 8, 5 and 6 months. And my 2 daughters and husbands were also there. There was plenty to do with the family especially the children. We were also busy doing something. The entertainment and food were of a good standard. We have rebooked for next year and we are looking forward to going back

Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Best_things1952
Hi Best_things1952,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay back in April here at Devon Cliffs. We are really pleased to hear you had a fantastic time, and you were able to take some amazing memories home with you. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in April.

The DC Trip Advisor Team
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked this trip way back in July for the 23rd September for 4 nights. We travelled from Birmingham and after a 4 hour drive we finally arrived. Greeted by a nice man at the main gates, after parking and walking back up to the reception I had a smooth check in, apart from nearly being charged £72 for 3 entertainment passes even though I'd already paid for them online and they were only £10??? After this was resolved I was told to collect the linen from the hire shop. The pillows were a old faded blue colour, the duvet I swear I actually owned myself in 1994 and none of them smelled clean they just smelt really old. And I had paid £14 for the privilege. We had caravan 68 Spruces, and when we pulled up saw two cleaning men coming out and they said it's all clean you can go in. Apart from the bird poo down the handle of every door I braved it and as soon as I walked in the carpet was pulled up in the corner by the sofa, there was tobacco on the small round table, actual nasty stuff left in the sink and when I opened the bathroom door there was a toenail blatantly there on the bathroom floor! After my partner has stopped screwing we called reception and another guy came down to see what the problem was. He first argued with my partner about the caravan and after some debate he called two other lads to clean it, again. After sitting outside for 25 minutes witnessing them clean the caravan and glue the carpet back down we finally could get inside. It was now 5.45pm, we completely had enough and after being told somebody would come and apologise I never saw or heard off anyone. After picking my jaw up off the floor we finally went to the arcade 2 days in and the smell when you enter the club is really bad. Someone needs to be maintaining the cleanliness regularly. To be honest the whole entire holiday was ruined the minute we arrived and found that mess. I have worked in hospitality for 15 years and to wait outside and watch him glue the carpet back down was a sad sad day for me. We packed up and left on Thursday morning after 3 nights and posted the key in the check out box. After calling and complaining whilst I was there and since I returned home I have not heard from anybody. Really disappointed at the lack of care with the staff and the cleaners and overall I wouldn't return. Shame

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank BirminghamRJP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
#86 of 87 in Torquay
The Imperial Torquay
The Imperial Torquay
#24 of 87 in Torquay

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!