“very fun but expensive holiday”

Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Fishguard, United Kingdom
“very fun but expensive holiday”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

me and my family (partner and 5 children) stayed here for the first time this year, this was my 6th haven i have visited, and i must say we did have a brill time, we were never bored or ran out of anything to do on this park, the food was extremely good value for money, we ate at all the food outlets, and we did go to the club every night entertainment was bloody fab!!!! and on the last night we had all got ready to have a family picture with the characters as we do every year but with 5 small kids keeping to a time scale is very difficult so we ended up being late, we went to the photo sales part and the male staff on duty called Adam was absolutly fantastic he sore how gutted we were and even said even though there was nothing he could do about the characters but he would take our picture with the drop screen so we didnt have to miss out!!! i couldnt believe it i dont think many other staff members in different locations would go out of there way to do that, he was brill didnt rush us and took about 10 pictures so we could choose the best ones. so would just like to say thank you adam :)
howewver on a couple bad parts about the park was the price in the club, i know you do tend to pay a bit more on holiday BUT if like us who go every night paying over £8 for two drinks just didnt seem justifiable and thats not inc the 5 kids cup drinks at £3.95 each!!!!!!!! also the cap on the internet seems a bit stupid!! this is the first haven that i have been to that has this cap! ok i did read that its a outside company but at the end of the day i spent over £900 in 4 days at this park not inc the price of the actual van, and paying for interenet aswell just didnt seem fair! even if it was just in the complex that was free and that would probably get more people in there spending anyway adults google while kids play on the machines ???

overall it was a good holiday however with the park being very hilly we have decidednot to go back next year, we will be going to weymouth again, first time we will have revisited a park even though there isnt as much there it feels safer for the kids as not as big and dont worry as much about loosing sight of the kids so much :)

3 Thank weshdragon33
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi weshdragon33,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear overall you had a great stay and found lots of things to do to keep you occupied.

I’m glad our photo team were able to help you out, our teams will always be happy to help where possible. I will be sure to pass your thanks onto Adam.

The Wi-Fi is provided by an external company, and the prices and packages are set by them. Sadly this is not something we have any control over, but I will be happy to pass your feedback on for any changes in the future.

I’m sorry to hear you will not be holidaying with us next year, but will be returning to one of our sister parks in Weymouth. I do hope that at some point in the future you will come for a return visit to Devon Cliffs and we look forward to welcoming you back then.

Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Yet another brilliant weeks holiday at Devon Cliffs. The caravan was brill Hawthorn Mount 71 it had everything we needed and a lovely view across the sea. The weather made the holiday as it was very hot everyday. I celebrated my 50th birthday here. We dined in the Mash and Barrel and had a lovely meal. Looking forward to staying sometime next year. Thanks Devon Cliffs for another holiday enjoyed by my Hubby and I x

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi jude h,

Thank you for leaving a review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. It’s great to hear you had another lovely stay with us.

A huge congratulations on your 50th Birthday! what a great way to spend it, and you definitely had some lovely weather to go with.

We are glad you’re coming back next year, and we look forward to seeing you then.

Southampton
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Jupiter ... We have stayed at a lot of Haven and have never had a problem ... We tend to use it more as a base but use some of the facilities ... As now it's only myself and hubby as kids have grown up... As it's the biggest camp on the whole it was great ... The camp it's self was clean and staff so friendly .. We never used the restaurants as we use the pub just outside Cliffton Arms... Cheaper and great food...
Our caravan was not up to the standard we are use to ... Although I know we went in the height of the season as normally go earlier or later so I guess as there is only two of us we get the smaller caravans .. But also not as clean or up to date as we are use to.. Toilet very stained I bought two bottles of bleach and it never shifted it!! Cobwebs and dust ...
But it never ruined our hols... The beach was nice... Hills never bothered us but we are fit.. Walks along the cliffs were breath taking!!!
Again the firing range attach to the camp could be off putting we were not close enough to hear much but when we walked down to gun fire was loud!! I know this is not the fault of the camp but it should be told to customers when booking as I have bad ears and if we were close to it I would not been able to stay... So I guess young children would be scared too!!!
Not sure I would go back to this camp but would other sites we have been too...

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Debbie0777
Hi Debbie0777,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay.

My apologies your caravan was not cleaned to a high standard. You should ever be expected to purchase cleaning equipment yourself and clean the caravan. In the event there are any issues please make sure you bring it to the teams attention at Reception, and we will do everything we can to rectify things for you.

The park does benefit from some amazing views and walks, one of the many good things that come from the park being hilly.

Sadly due to security reasons we are not allowed to advertise or advise about the military firing range. I can appreciate how this may not be the nicest thing to have next to our park, but there is no link to Devon Cliffs and is completely separate. Their training plan is something that is not disclosed to us in advance so it’s not something that we would be able to provide information on. I can only apologise for any inconvenience.

I do hope despite some minor concerns you will decide to return to us in the near future, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Devon Cliffs in the near future.

Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recently stayed here over a long weekend with the family. I was shocked from the moment i arrived to the sheer size of the site and how clean and tidy it looked.
Compared to other Haven sites this is one i would return to the kids loved it and the variety of things to do kept us going the whole time we stayed.
For what we payed per person it made the stay very enjoyable. Great views we had a new Caravan which we did pay extra for.
The only thing that needed a little more attention was the mini Golf unfortunately no clear times for when this was open or closing and the member of staff didn't have a clue either. One day it was open the next day closed at the same time. Our Final day we popped for another game to find no one staffing the hut although open.

However this was a minor issue and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay on site.

Room Tip: After Fresh clean and new just pay the extra
Hi Luke H,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, it’s great to hear how impressed you were with your visit. I’m assuming that this must be your first visit if you were unaware of just how big the park is. We are actually the largest caravan park in Europe with almost 1800 caravans.

I’m really pleased to hear how much your children want to come back to us, I can only imagine the fun they had using the facilities.

I’m sorry about any confusion with the Adventure Golf Area. I have passed your feedback on the activities team to make this more crystal clear for customers and team going forward.

Thanks again for leaving your feedback and we hope to see you back here in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Overall a very enjoyable week. My wife and child spent a week at Devon Cliffs and it is the 2nd time in a row that we have come back.

Check in was really easy and friendly and from memory, ALL staff we encountered couldn't do enough to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

The caravan was a little grubby but the reality is we knew we weren't staying at the Ritz and knew what we were getting.

The beach is brilliant and my daughter had a great time playing in the sea and looking through the rock pools. I still can't believe how clean the beach was and how clear the water is. I'm struggling to think of any better beach in the UK.

The entertainment is brilliant (for children) and we cannot praise the Funstars enough for their energy and how great they were at interacting with kids and making everyone feel part of it.

There were a couple of things that I would suggest:

- the food in the mash n Barrel is not great unless you are going for bog standard burger and chips (which were nice). We tried the linguine and lasagne one night and it was not great

- you finally got a decent beer pump on site (Estrella) but it was only available in the mash n barrel and the bar by the beach, not other places like the sports bar and bugsy's which seemed a little strange as that would get the most of your concentration of consumers.

- for Ned's non starry party for the kids, I thought it was good how you included fruit for the kids and it was not just sweets but having been to Rory's tea time party last year, we were expecting a sandwich or roll or something a bit more substantial.

The only thing that really upset me was a dog decided to use the outside of the doorway into our caravan as a place to do its business. When I noticed it (after nearly treading in it) I saw a member of the clean team. Now I appreciate that it was not their fault and not a nice task to get it cleaned up, but the gentleman radio'd it in and promised that it would get cleaned up (before my child trod in it or tried picking it up). Unfortunately it was still there when we left the next day.

That aside we had a great time-I would strongly suggest shouting up if you are not having a great experience as credit to the team if there are aware they try to fix it. A couple of times we had to return things to the shop as they broke but with no hassle they swapped it and sorted it out.

I would recommend eating in some of the times because it is expensive but to be fair we knew it would be before we arrived.

Overall a great week and my child had a marvellous time singing along with the Seaside Squad.

Woolacombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

A family holiday in a static home that was given to us by a charity so on a cost basis I can't comment but your left with wanting for nothing as this huge site has it all.
A nice beach with lifeguards and many many activities to do if just the beach isn't enough for you. Just above perched on the cliff is a great restaurant beach bar with a big outside seating area.
Pool is great with good changing and attentive staff keeping it all clean and dry.
All in all a fab time and I would return if I have the opportunity.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hi wilidslippers,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really happy to hear you had a great time away and enjoyed the beach and the facilities the park has to offer.

We love the location of the South Beach too, especially when it’s a lovely sunny day and you can sit overlooking the bay.

I do hope you get the opportunity to come back to us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Morden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Place was amazing. Staff very friendly and helpful. Night time entertainment was great and loads to do in the day.
Fun stars very enthusiastic about their job.
Was reccommended by a friend and glad we listened. Whole family had a great time all round will be definitely be returning next year.
Only down side I would say was drinks are very expensive in the clubs of an evening.

1 Thank Leanne M
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Leanne M,

Thank you for your review following on from your recent stay here at Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our team all friendly and helpful, and lots to do in the facilities.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the pricing of the drinks in the venues. We look at other similar facilities in the area and base our prices along these lines, but we will certainly look at this for review during the season.

We are pleased to hear you would come back again, and I hope this is in the very near future.

Michelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
#24 of 87 in Torquay
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#35 of 87 in Torquay

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!