“Won't return”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ok so we stayed here week of 24th June 2 adults and our 3 year old son. Check in was fairly simple and we were in a deluxe caravan beach walk. Fab spot very good view of the sea however being so close to the beach restaurant was noisy in the evening with bottle bins being emptied and there delivery lorries first thing in the morning. The caravan was lovely however the cleanliness was a little to be desired... Unfortunately the first 3 mornings we had next to no sleep due to noisy neighbours playing music and barking dogs until 3 am and then at 6.30 they decided to feed seagulls so a swarm of the things outside your window making a row was not something we wanted... The issue was reported however nothing changed the following 3 nights. Finally on the 4th night we had a slightly better sleep. The shooting range next door was a constant ear ache for us and difficult to ignore... The park itself was reasonably clean hedges could do with a cut though. The swimming pool was good was surprised the outside slide were closed considering the lovely weather. The beach was good shame dog owners can't read the no dogs aloud signs we saw 6 on there in a space of 3 hours however didn't bother us. Now then our biggest negative was the evening entertainment this is a family site and kids need to be entertained not given the same show 4 nights in a row with a poorly organised music bingo thing in between. The room was heaving my 3 year old was twice was pushed out of the way by a camp fun star presenter with no apology after the 2nd time I made him aware I was watching... my son got excited at the idea of the birthday party on the Thursday so I paid 4.50 for yet another shambles of entertainment. .. Haven you need to sort this out... overall not a great holiday and our best day was a day trip to crealy so of park crealy is well worth a day out... have email haven direct regarding these issue will see if there customer service is any better than on site.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank rathernotsay9
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hi rathernotsay9,

Thank you for your review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really sorry to hear your overall experience has left you feeling disappointed.

Your caravan should always be cleaned to the highest standard ready for your occupation, and I am very sorry there were some issues with yours. I have passed your feedback onto our Accommodation Team for review.

It’s such a shame you were unable to relax in your caravan due to noise coming from the neighbouring van. We hope that all our customers appreciate that caravans are not as soundproof as if you were at home, and show a bit of respect for people staying nearby.

I am sorry about the noise from the Military Firing Range. Sadly we have no control over this facility and due to security reasons we are not allowed to advertise it. Their training programme varies but is not something that is disclosed to us.

Thank you for your feedback on our site in general, our team are very passionate about keeping it looking pristine at all times. Our grounds team work on a rotation basis, and you'll be happy to hear the hedges are currently being done this week.

We do have signage in place to advise dog owners there is a dog ban in place until the end of September. They do risk facing a fine if caught by East Devon Council, as they patrol Sandy Bay as part of the Devon Beaches Dog Ban Act.

I am extremely disappointed to hear your comments regarding one of our popular entertainments team members. I have passed your feedback onto the Entertainments Manager, and if you have written into Haven direct this is something they will come back to you on shortly. I can assure you that this is the first time we have ever had an allegation made where a guest feels their child was physically pushed by a team member. During shows at times children may be asked to move back, or sit down for their own safety and this may happen verbally along with a non contactable hand gesture.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, and if you have written into our Guest Relations team direct, I’m sure they will be in touch very soon.

Michelle

Write a ReviewReviews (3,260)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

me and my family (partner and 5 children) stayed here for the first time this year, this was my 6th haven i have visited, and i must say we did have a brill time, we were never bored or ran out of anything to do on this park, the food was extremely good value for money, we ate at all the food outlets, and we did go to the club every night entertainment was bloody fab!!!! and on the last night we had all got ready to have a family picture with the characters as we do every year but with 5 small kids keeping to a time scale is very difficult so we ended up being late, we went to the photo sales part and the male staff on duty called Adam was absolutly fantastic he sore how gutted we were and even said even though there was nothing he could do about the characters but he would take our picture with the drop screen so we didnt have to miss out!!! i couldnt believe it i dont think many other staff members in different locations would go out of there way to do that, he was brill didnt rush us and took about 10 pictures so we could choose the best ones. so would just like to say thank you adam :)
howewver on a couple bad parts about the park was the price in the club, i know you do tend to pay a bit more on holiday BUT if like us who go every night paying over £8 for two drinks just didnt seem justifiable and thats not inc the 5 kids cup drinks at £3.95 each!!!!!!!! also the cap on the internet seems a bit stupid!! this is the first haven that i have been to that has this cap! ok i did read that its a outside company but at the end of the day i spent over £900 in 4 days at this park not inc the price of the actual van, and paying for interenet aswell just didnt seem fair! even if it was just in the complex that was free and that would probably get more people in there spending anyway adults google while kids play on the machines ???

overall it was a good holiday however with the park being very hilly we have decidednot to go back next year, we will be going to weymouth again, first time we will have revisited a park even though there isnt as much there it feels safer for the kids as not as big and dont worry as much about loosing sight of the kids so much :)

3  Thank weshdragon33
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi weshdragon33,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear overall you had a great stay and found lots of things to do to keep you occupied.

I’m glad our photo team were able to help you out, our teams will always be happy to help where possible. I will be sure to pass your thanks onto Adam.

The Wi-Fi is provided by an external company, and the prices and packages are set by them. Sadly this is not something we have any control over, but I will be happy to pass your feedback on for any changes in the future.

I’m sorry to hear you will not be holidaying with us next year, but will be returning to one of our sister parks in Weymouth. I do hope that at some point in the future you will come for a return visit to Devon Cliffs and we look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Yet another brilliant weeks holiday at Devon Cliffs. The caravan was brill Hawthorn Mount 71 it had everything we needed and a lovely view across the sea. The weather made the holiday as it was very hot everyday. I celebrated my 50th birthday here. We dined in the Mash and Barrel and had a lovely meal. Looking forward to staying sometime next year. Thanks Devon Cliffs for another holiday enjoyed by my Hubby and I x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi jude h,

Thank you for leaving a review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. It’s great to hear you had another lovely stay with us.

A huge congratulations on your 50th Birthday! what a great way to spend it, and you definitely had some lovely weather to go with.

We are glad you’re coming back next year, and we look forward to seeing you then.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Jupiter ... We have stayed at a lot of Haven and have never had a problem ... We tend to use it more as a base but use some of the facilities ... As now it's only myself and hubby as kids have grown up... As it's the biggest camp on the whole it was great ... The camp it's self was clean and staff so friendly .. We never used the restaurants as we use the pub just outside Cliffton Arms... Cheaper and great food...
Our caravan was not up to the standard we are use to ... Although I know we went in the height of the season as normally go earlier or later so I guess as there is only two of us we get the smaller caravans .. But also not as clean or up to date as we are use to.. Toilet very stained I bought two bottles of bleach and it never shifted it!! Cobwebs and dust ...
But it never ruined our hols... The beach was nice... Hills never bothered us but we are fit.. Walks along the cliffs were breath taking!!!
Again the firing range attach to the camp could be off putting we were not close enough to hear much but when we walked down to gun fire was loud!! I know this is not the fault of the camp but it should be told to customers when booking as I have bad ears and if we were close to it I would not been able to stay... So I guess young children would be scared too!!!
Not sure I would go back to this camp but would other sites we have been too...

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Debbie0777

Hi Debbie0777,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay.

My apologies your caravan was not cleaned to a high standard. You should ever be expected to purchase cleaning equipment yourself and clean the caravan. In the event there are any issues please make sure you bring it to the teams attention at Reception, and we will do everything we can to rectify things for you.

The park does benefit from some amazing views and walks, one of the many good things that come from the park being hilly.

Sadly due to security reasons we are not allowed to advertise or advise about the military firing range. I can appreciate how this may not be the nicest thing to have next to our park, but there is no link to Devon Cliffs and is completely separate. Their training plan is something that is not disclosed to us in advance so it’s not something that we would be able to provide information on. I can only apologise for any inconvenience.

I do hope despite some minor concerns you will decide to return to us in the near future, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Devon Cliffs in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recently stayed here over a long weekend with the family. I was shocked from the moment i arrived to the sheer size of the site and how clean and tidy it looked.
Compared to other Haven sites this is one i would return to the kids loved it and the variety of things to do kept us going the whole time we stayed.
For what we payed per person it made the stay very enjoyable. Great views we had a new Caravan which we did pay extra for.
The only thing that needed a little more attention was the mini Golf unfortunately no clear times for when this was open or closing and the member of staff didn't have a clue either. One day it was open the next day closed at the same time. Our Final day we popped for another game to find no one staffing the hut although open.

However this was a minor issue and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay on site.

Room Tip: After Fresh clean and new just pay the extra

Hi Luke H,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, it’s great to hear how impressed you were with your visit. I’m assuming that this must be your first visit if you were unaware of just how big the park is. We are actually the largest caravan park in Europe with almost 1800 caravans.

I’m really pleased to hear how much your children want to come back to us, I can only imagine the fun they had using the facilities.

I’m sorry about any confusion with the Adventure Golf Area. I have passed your feedback on the activities team to make this more crystal clear for customers and team going forward.

Thanks again for leaving your feedback and we hope to see you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Overall a very enjoyable week. My wife and child spent a week at Devon Cliffs and it is the 2nd time in a row that we have come back.

Check in was really easy and friendly and from memory, ALL staff we encountered couldn't do enough to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

The caravan was a little grubby but the reality is we knew we weren't staying at the Ritz and knew what we were getting.

The beach is brilliant and my daughter had a great time playing in the sea and looking through the rock pools. I still can't believe how clean the beach was and how clear the water is. I'm struggling to think of any better beach in the UK.

The entertainment is brilliant (for children) and we cannot praise the Funstars enough for their energy and how great they were at interacting with kids and making everyone feel part of it.

There were a couple of things that I would suggest:

- the food in the mash n Barrel is not great unless you are going for bog standard burger and chips (which were nice). We tried the linguine and lasagne one night and it was not great

- you finally got a decent beer pump on site (Estrella) but it was only available in the mash n barrel and the bar by the beach, not other places like the sports bar and bugsy's which seemed a little strange as that would get the most of your concentration of consumers.

- for Ned's non starry party for the kids, I thought it was good how you included fruit for the kids and it was not just sweets but having been to Rory's tea time party last year, we were expecting a sandwich or roll or something a bit more substantial.

The only thing that really upset me was a dog decided to use the outside of the doorway into our caravan as a place to do its business. When I noticed it (after nearly treading in it) I saw a member of the clean team. Now I appreciate that it was not their fault and not a nice task to get it cleaned up, but the gentleman radio'd it in and promised that it would get cleaned up (before my child trod in it or tried picking it up). Unfortunately it was still there when we left the next day.

That aside we had a great time-I would strongly suggest shouting up if you are not having a great experience as credit to the team if there are aware they try to fix it. A couple of times we had to return things to the shop as they broke but with no hassle they swapped it and sorted it out.

I would recommend eating in some of the times because it is expensive but to be fair we knew it would be before we arrived.

Overall a great week and my child had a marvellous time singing along with the Seaside Squad.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

A family holiday in a static home that was given to us by a charity so on a cost basis I can't comment but your left with wanting for nothing as this huge site has it all.
A nice beach with lifeguards and many many activities to do if just the beach isn't enough for you. Just above perched on the cliff is a great restaurant beach bar with a big outside seating area.
Pool is great with good changing and attentive staff keeping it all clean and dry.
All in all a fab time and I would return if I have the opportunity.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hi wilidslippers,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really happy to hear you had a great time away and enjoyed the beach and the facilities the park has to offer.

We love the location of the South Beach too, especially when it’s a lovely sunny day and you can sit overlooking the bay.

I do hope you get the opportunity to come back to us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Michelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
Travelodge Exeter M5
Travelodge Exeter M5
#22 of 31 in Exeter
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!