“2nd class treatment!!”

Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“2nd class treatment!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Have visited many Haven parks over many years and have visited Devon Cliffs before ,twice.
Arrived on Friday 27th June at 2,00pm fully aware that check in wasn't until 4.00pm.Unfortunatly one of our party became ill on arrival so I enquired about early check in.Staff all very pleasant until I produced paperwork stating that we were '£9.50' Sun newspaper visitors.I am not imagining it but their attitude completely changed and the lady that had been willing to check whether our caravan was ready suddenly insisted that she wouldn't check and that we should come back at 4,not a minute before!! Waited till 4 and got keys to van,the worst presented and equipped van I have ever been in.Poorly cleaned and when questioned the cleaner said she couldn't come back &clean the filthy floor cos she didn't have a mop,they don't use them &there were no cloths available!!
Really disappointed at this type of treatment from a company that charges high prices for all accommodation &amenities. If they don't want to treat special offer visitors the same as everyone else,I suggest they remove themselves from the offer. I didn't expect 5 star luxury for my £9.50 but I didn't expect to be discriminated against either!!
Won't be spending any more of my hard earned cash with Haven in future.Special offer or not!!!!

3 Thank maureen l
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Maureen l,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really sorry to hear of your disappointment during your stay.

Firstly please let me assure you that it doesn’t matter how you book your holiday with Haven, whether this be direct of through a newspaper promotion. Our team are here to help all our guests, and it surprises me that you say the tone of the Welcome Team changed upon you showing them your confirmation. I’m sure you can appreciate that off peak we welcome thousands of families that have taken advantage of this promotion and we hope that we have been treating all our customers fairly. I am very sorry if you felt otherwise, and I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the Holiday Experience Manager to review with her team.

I’m also very sorry that your caravan was not cleaned to our usual high standards, again please don’t think that this is a reflection on how much you paid for your holiday, as we do not discriminate in any circumstances. I’m sorry the cleaner was unable to help rectify any issues, but again this seems very unheard of, as the van should have been cleaned ready for you in the first place, and in the event there is any issues, they normally do everything they can to help.

I would like to look into your complaint a bit more in detail, and I have provided my direct email address as the bottom for you to get in touch with me and provide me some more detail.

I look forward to hearing from your soon.

devoncliffstripadvisor@haven.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
London
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I was very very impressed with the park as a whole. I loved the mash and barrel, the service and the food. One person particularly stood out was Becky, she served us every night we were there and always had a smile and nothing was a problem for her, she definitely went above and beyond for my children. She has great banter with her work friends and with the customers as well. She is a blessing to haven.
Something that I wasn't so impressed with was Henry for bugsys, he was very rude when I suggested that he should cheer up and kept skipping me to serve people who were there after I was. I told the manager who said he could do nothing about it.

Stayed June 2014
Hi Louisaday,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the service you received from Becky in the Mash & Barrel. I have sent a copy of your review over to our complex manager to pass on your praise, but at the same time to review the service you received from Henry. I’m sure his intention wasn’t to come across as rude, and I’m very sorry for any upset.

I do hope despite this it will not stop you from visiting us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Devon Cliffs in the very near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not much to say other than second time here 23rd June to 30th June this year and it was as good as the last, cant help the weather but whens its sunny the place is amazing. Travelled over 7 hours from scottish borders and it is well worth the trip. Only small gripe would be stayed in prestige last year and paid for platinum this year but last years caravan and veranda were nicer, the outside table was metal and very very badly rusted and only had 2 none matching green plastic chairs for a group of 5 to use, but it did not matter much we were still one very happy family. Will return next year for the 3rd year in a row

Room Tip: it pays to pay for higher grades
2 Thank Stu H
Hi Stu H,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear you’ve had another great stay with us, and are already looking forward to coming back next year.
The weather hasn’t been too bad the past couple of weeks, although there have been a couple days where there have been some heavy showers. But your right when the sun is shining, looking out to sea you could be anywhere in the world.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year!

Caerphilly, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here with family (adults) in March 2014, there is plenty to do on the park and it is very spacious. the only downside is that it is very hilly and every night I had to take the oldies to the club by car as they couldn't manage the hills. At lunch on the Sunday in the Barrel and Mash they gave all the mums a mothers day card and some Ferrero Rocher which I thought was a lovely touch.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi Sian D,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay back in March with us. It’s great to hear you had a lovely time. If you are planning any future bookings then please give our team a call at the park who will be happy to put a request for a close location to help you out. This way you also get to relax and it’s easier to get to and fro.

During special occasions our team will add small special touches and I’m glad you liked the card and chocolates.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Took a weekend break here and this time stayed in a deluxe caravan. Well worth the extra space. Arrived on the Friday and had a fabulous sunny weekend ! The site is huge with lots to do plus its right above its own beach bonus In good weather and is blue flag this year. This year they have installed a set of high wire ropes and zip wires all for just £12 a go. The pools are great and has slides both the inside and outside pools and they are warm ! Starbucks on site , spar on site ( which we didn't find over priced). Cookie place in swimming pool is a bit pricey, cookies much cheaper in spar. Down near the beach at top of the cliff is a restaurant , we think for a meal is pricey but just for a drink and to enjoy the stunning views it's great. Plus there is a small park next to it. Mash and barrel does good meals not too expensive better I think for the family with young children. Also on site is burger king pappa johns and fish and chips so no going hungry if you don't fancy cooking. Entertainment is what you should expect bar probably average price. All staff very helpful and friendly. Will definitely be going back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dizzy75_11
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Hi dizzy75_11

Thank you for your review about your sunny weekend away with us. I am so glad you enjoyed the swimming pools and, as the weather was good, got to enjoy our Blue Flag beach, of which we are so proud. The Aerial Adventure is a great addition to our Park, its great to hear that you enjoyed it and braved the zip wire. I will pass on your comments about the food in the Mash & Barrel and about the friendly team we have here.

Thank you again for your review and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Bobby Sleightholm
sudbury, suffolk
Reviewed 30 June 2014

this is our second visit to Devon cliffs a few years apart but enjoyed equally second time around the camp is lovely bit hilly in parts but bearable our first caravan wasn't cleaned to normal haven standard but when mentioned to staff we was changed to an alternative no questions asked, plenty of facilities on camp lovely big swimming pool and the outside pool was lovely and warm we tended to go in capones show bar as the other one did get really busy the entertainment doesn't seem as good as it use to me not as much variety and we had to watch the rock and roll show twice and a quiz show had same questions and answers (this isn't just devon cliffs but the last couple of havens we have been to) the beach is lovely again bit of a hill but worth it, worth visiting country life which is on entrance to park lovely day out lots to do for all we had a 16 month and 3.5yr old food bit expensive so take a picnic but overall we all had a great time and would return to Devon cliffs

1 Thank hayleighw_13
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi hayleigh w,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear you had a lovely time.

I’m really sorry that your first caravan wasn’t cleaned to our usual high standards, and we were able to move you promptly. We will always be happy to help where notified of any issues, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to put things right.

I’m glad you enjoyed the facilities, and have passed your feedback regarding the entertainment onto the team. Our aim is to provide entertainment that caters for all our guests tastes, and I’m sure you can appreciate that our team work hard to deliver this to a high standard, Im very sorry it wasn’t quite to your satisfaction on this occasion.

I’m pleased you had an overall enjoyable holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back here in the very near future.

Ludlow
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ok so we stayed here week of 24th June 2 adults and our 3 year old son. Check in was fairly simple and we were in a deluxe caravan beach walk. Fab spot very good view of the sea however being so close to the beach restaurant was noisy in the evening with bottle bins being emptied and there delivery lorries first thing in the morning. The caravan was lovely however the cleanliness was a little to be desired... Unfortunately the first 3 mornings we had next to no sleep due to noisy neighbours playing music and barking dogs until 3 am and then at 6.30 they decided to feed seagulls so a swarm of the things outside your window making a row was not something we wanted... The issue was reported however nothing changed the following 3 nights. Finally on the 4th night we had a slightly better sleep. The shooting range next door was a constant ear ache for us and difficult to ignore... The park itself was reasonably clean hedges could do with a cut though. The swimming pool was good was surprised the outside slide were closed considering the lovely weather. The beach was good shame dog owners can't read the no dogs aloud signs we saw 6 on there in a space of 3 hours however didn't bother us. Now then our biggest negative was the evening entertainment this is a family site and kids need to be entertained not given the same show 4 nights in a row with a poorly organised music bingo thing in between. The room was heaving my 3 year old was twice was pushed out of the way by a camp fun star presenter with no apology after the 2nd time I made him aware I was watching... my son got excited at the idea of the birthday party on the Thursday so I paid 4.50 for yet another shambles of entertainment. .. Haven you need to sort this out... overall not a great holiday and our best day was a day trip to crealy so of park crealy is well worth a day out... have email haven direct regarding these issue will see if there customer service is any better than on site.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank rathernotsay9
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi rathernotsay9,

Thank you for your review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really sorry to hear your overall experience has left you feeling disappointed.

Your caravan should always be cleaned to the highest standard ready for your occupation, and I am very sorry there were some issues with yours. I have passed your feedback onto our Accommodation Team for review.

It’s such a shame you were unable to relax in your caravan due to noise coming from the neighbouring van. We hope that all our customers appreciate that caravans are not as soundproof as if you were at home, and show a bit of respect for people staying nearby.

I am sorry about the noise from the Military Firing Range. Sadly we have no control over this facility and due to security reasons we are not allowed to advertise it. Their training programme varies but is not something that is disclosed to us.

Thank you for your feedback on our site in general, our team are very passionate about keeping it looking pristine at all times. Our grounds team work on a rotation basis, and you'll be happy to hear the hedges are currently being done this week.

We do have signage in place to advise dog owners there is a dog ban in place until the end of September. They do risk facing a fine if caught by East Devon Council, as they patrol Sandy Bay as part of the Devon Beaches Dog Ban Act.

I am extremely disappointed to hear your comments regarding one of our popular entertainments team members. I have passed your feedback onto the Entertainments Manager, and if you have written into Haven direct this is something they will come back to you on shortly. I can assure you that this is the first time we have ever had an allegation made where a guest feels their child was physically pushed by a team member. During shows at times children may be asked to move back, or sit down for their own safety and this may happen verbally along with a non contactable hand gesture.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, and if you have written into our Guest Relations team direct, I’m sure they will be in touch very soon.

Michelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
#24 of 87 in Torquay
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#35 of 87 in Torquay

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!