“Loved it”

Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 19 July 2014

When booking a hol I always look at the facilities on offer especially the pool as my daughter loves the slides,we were only expecting the one slide but found we had 3 plus the middle splash zone to choose from, we got use out of the outside pool as the weather was brill, no complaints on the pool side. We booked our caravan through newmans so cnt comment on that side. All the staff were very friendly especially the lady security guard we saw at night and the oldish guy on the gates he stopped to have a chat with us. This park is brill, if you think it's over priced then you must be living in a bubble as the prices are at a normal rAte keep up the good wrk haven and thank you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz171
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hi Liz171,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed the facilities the park has to offer, and how much your daughter loved the slides.

The weather has been lovely the past few weeks, let’s hope it’s a taste of what’s to come and the sunshine sticks around.

I’m glad our welcome host to the complex and the gate team were a couple of team that stood out for you. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

Thanks for a great review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great all around holiday.
The fun stars were always full of energy and great to watch probably the best entertainment team we have seen.
The live entertainment was always good, especially the unlikely lads what a great comedy double act.
Special mention to Charlotte Hocking behind the bar at Mash and Barrel she was always happy and very helpful.
And thanks for the upgrade to our holiday package.
Definitely coming back to this one.

2  Thank Marc E

Hi Marc E,

Thank you for your review following on from your recent holiday at Devon Cliffs, its pleasing to hear you had a great holiday.

I’m glad you enjoyed the entertainment provided by our funstar team - they work exceptionally hard to deliver a wide variety of entertainment to suit most tastes.

I’m also glad charlotte was someone that you identified as being happy and helpful - I will be sure to pass this feedback onto her.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We've just returned home from 7 nights at Devon Cliffs. I admit to being a tad unsure before we arrived as we'd had a bad experience with another Haven site a few years ago. However, I needn't have worried.
My wife, my two girls (13 and 7) and I had a brilliant time. It started really well when we were upgraded to a better caravan which was in the best part of the park - Cyprus Way, 3 mins walk to the beach and 5 mins to central entertainment area. There was no noise at night either which was brilliant. The site is big and hilly but very well looked after. Everywhere is clean and bright and allows you to relax as a family doing as much or little as you want. We especially liked the swimming pool which was clean and not overly busy. We ate out every night, mainly at the Mash and Barrel which has great food reasonably priced and lots of variety. The Beach was great, lots of space and nice weather too!! We also enjoyed the star element of this park - the South Beach Cafe.

This seafood restaurant raises the standard of this whole site and it is a real gem. It is expensive, but I for one don't mind paying a bit extra for a special atmosphere and outstanding food. We went there three times, had different things, and all of it was first class. We had out last meal there on Friday night, and the waiter Lee should be commended for his outstanding service.

This brings me to my final point, the staff. From the second we arrived to the moment we left every Haven employee we came into contact with was a credit to the company. They really could not do too much.

This last week was a great experience and I can certainly see us coming back again.

5  Thank Chris W

Hi Chris W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear you had a great time, and it’s good to also hear any doubts you had pre arrival were laid to rest once you got here.

I’m glad your caravan was situated in a convenient location for you, and of course should you need a similar area in future please let us know in advance so we can request this.

Our team are very passionate and work hard to keep the park looking as amazing as it is, and its lovely to hear your feedback.

I will be sure to pass your praise onto Lee from the South Beach, and I’m pleased you enjoyed your time using this facility. I hope you got the opportunity to order the fish pie - a personal favourite!

I’m so pleased to hear you would like to return again, and thank you for your feedback commending our team here. I will be sharing this with them.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just finishing up a weeks stay here ,it is a beautiful park with a lovely beach and friendly staff very clean site and beautiful caravan (elms 89) the only downside to the park is that it is so hilly and if like me you suffer from any mobility problems it can be a bit of a killer ,especially coming up from the beach , but overall a lovely park to visit

1  Thank elaine4476

Hi elaine4476,

Thank you for your review regarding you recent visit to Devon Cliffs, I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Don’t forget for any future bookings if you struggle to get around to let us know in advance so we can try and accommodate you in an area that’s a bit more easier to walk to and fro.

The access to the beach can be steep especially for those a little less mobile, but its definitely worth it.

Thanks again for leaving your feedback and we hope to see you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the best Haven site to stay at. Such a cherished childhood memory of summer holidays here, been here 4 times now, this being the first time as an adult. Caravan is always in such a beautiful area with stunning views of the coast, and within walking distance to all activites. Exeter just half hours drive away and the gorgeous Torquay less than an hour, even if there's nothing to do on-site there are some wonderful places to go nearby and things to do in Exmouth town. Entertainment good and family friendly, caravan immaculately clean and always smelling fresh. Food good, although food on-site rather pricey, aswell as drinks in the bars. Staff friendly and always on hand to help whenever needed. Swimming pool amazing - clean, safe and fun with lots of slides and shower-type fountains to keep the kids happy. Evening entertainment family-friendly, and the Unlikely Lads comedians especially funny! Funstars are great with the kids and very talented too, obviously love their job. Overall a very happy,enjoyable holiday. Only issue is the narrow beds in the caravan, but having been on many a caravan holiday that's only to be expected!

1  Thank Faye R

Hi Faye R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. It’s so lovely to hear all about your childhood memories, and now that time has passed you’ve returned with your family to create some more.

Devon Cliffs is definitely situated in a great catchment area with lots to both on and off park.

I’m pleased to hear your caravan was clean and tidy for your arrival and you enjoyed many aspects of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Devon Cliffs in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have just come back from a few days at Devon Cliffs, stayed in Karo 20...... A fantastic, clean van - thank you. On arrival we were a little shocked at how big this place is....on arrival we were met by a lovely, polite guy who directed us to reception. Then we were met by another lovely guy who guided us to our parking bay and directed us to collect our keys....this was a very easy, smooth process which you have took great care in organising.
We checked in with Debbie ( who was also on the Spar shop) who was very helpful and pleasant . On arrival at our van there was no water so I called and help arrived within 10 minutes.

The site was clean and well cared for, the staff on the whole were very helpful and polite.

We had the entertainment passes but you still had to pay extra for a lot of the children's activities which was a disappointment to us. The beach was also not as expected, a lot of green seaweed which I know must be a nightmare to keep under control...but does need further work.

Went for a meal at South Beach cafe ...was advised a 30-40 minute wait for food.....we waited 60 minutes but I have to say it was worth it. Our waitress Hannah came over and apologised for the extra wait which was really good of her. She was really accommodating throughout our visit.

I would defo recommend this restaurant if your after a really nice meal

WIFI was really expensive and defo needs addressing in today's world

2  Thank blondiew22
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi blondiew22,

Thank you for your review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed yourselves.

If this was your first time to the park you join many others in awe of how large the park actually is. But I’m sure as you made your way around there are lots of team and instructions to help you navigate your way around.

I’m glad your caravan was clean and accommodating on arrival, and our check in process was smooth and pleasant - our team will be really pleased to receive this feedback.

I’m sure you can imagine how much work goes into maintaining our park, and we have the most amazing dedicated and passionate grounds team who work through all forces to keep it looking as lovely as it is. We love hearing feedback about our presentation.

The entertainment passes cover over 35 free activities throughout the week. And the extra activities are on offer as an option for those guests who want to maybe spend a bit more money and have a bit more variety. But if you are on a budget and want to stick to the free activities these are all detailed in the entertainments guide you would have been issued at check in.

I’m sorry about the seaweed - this purely depends on the tides and the weather. We know it’s not appealing and we do have a special tractor and tool that we use to comb the sand during he day and collect as much seaweed as possible. Just where the tide comes back in it can return depending on the tidal conditions. The volume of seaweed isn’t always the same as the majority of the time its clear with just a few strands, but we do try and combat it when it’s a lot more than usual.

I’m also sorry for the delay at the South Beach but despite this your enjoyed your meal. I’m glad Hannah was able to keep you informed and help out on your time spent there.

The wifi is provided by an external company, so we don’t have any control over the cost or service of it, but I will be happy to pass your feedback on to them so they can look at any necessary improvements in the future.

I do hope despite these issues you will choose to holiday with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was one of our many Haven trips this year and once again another site we would recommend going to!

The entertainment complex is huge and amazing, it has everything you need and is very well laid out, with 2 club rooms and several bars and an amazing view from the terrarce!

The pool was warm and very clean and staff were brilliant.

Now for the hidden gem to this site, head to the beach (this is amazing by the way but not the gem) there is a restaurant here, the food is out of this world and if you sit outside, you look out over the beach and sea! I could have eaten here everyday!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi James S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs, thank you for leaving a review following on from your recent visit to us.

It’s great to hear you had a fantastic time and enjoyed many aspects of our park including the pools, the beach and the South Beach restaurant. They do some pretty amazing dishes and the views are spectacular.

We hope to welcome you back to us in the near future and thanks again for leaving your comments.

Michelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Langstone Cliff Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dawlish

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!