“a very enjoyable stay!”

Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 28 July 2014

this was are first time at devon cliffs, we stayed in the touring pitches, over all we all in joyed are selfs, the swimmimg pools are all heated indoor and out which was nice, the evening entertainment was ok more for the children than for the adults, the spar shop had everything u could need all under one roof and all reasonable priced! the beach bar is set in a nice location over looking the sea, so all in all a nice place i would recommened!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi chuckyPeterborough,

Thank you for leaving a review after your touring holiday with us at Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the facilities particularly the swimming pools.

Our aim is to offer something for everyone in the sense of entertainment. Bugsy's is aimed more at children whilst Capone’s is more for adults but Children are most welcome.

I’m glad you enjoyed the beach - it’s definitely worth the hike.

Thanks again for leaving a review and we look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived at our caravan after a long and hot journey to find our caravan was cleaned to extremely high standard .It was lovely all the beds had been freshly made. After unpacking we went to eat at The Mash and Barrel which again the food was very good value for money and the staff were very friendly and helpful. later in the evening we went into the showbar the funstars were singing and interacting very well with the children .Even though we had no children with us we really enjoyed the singers and the band, I think the main 2 singers were called Jamie and Liz they were outstanding. During our stay we also visited the spa and ate at the beach side restaurant again this was all to a very high standard. We didn't want to leave .Overall a fantastic weekend cant wait to go again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lynnann p

Hi lynnann p,

Thank you for leaving a review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a relaxing break.

I’m glad you enjoyed your meals at the Mash & Barrel and found it great value for money, and you found all our team to be friendly and helpful.

It’s great to hear you can’t wait to come back and I hope you are planning the return trip very soon. We certainly look forward to seeing you back here.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked our family summer holiday to Devon cliffs, this is our first caravan holidays with 3 children, aged 8,4 and 2. We booked a prestige caravan and paid extra to have 2014 model.

We travelled from Shrioshire arrived after a 4 hour journey, we were welcomed by a very happy gentleman at the security gate who told us where to go. We checked in at reception at 1.30pm and were pleased to be told our caravan was ready for us ( check in was meant to be 2pm).

After a long drive , we were eager to find our caravan and freshen up and take kids for some dinner.

We were situated on the willows and driving up looked beautiful it was near the beach( quite a trek to main complex with buggy in tow but was manageable) . We passed most of the caravans with beautiful decking and started getting excited and then we reached our caravan and found it had no decking ! Tbh we were disappointed as we seemed to be the only one surrounding which didn't. Would have been nice with the children that they would have somewhere to play with the warn weather .

We arrived at our prestige caravan and we were really disappointed with the standard of cleanliness of the caravan, we thought with paying the extra for a prestige caravan we would have have had a lot better, My husband also commented it looked a few years old, which being honest for a 2014 model was very tired looking.

The caravan was dirty , it didn't seem as if the floors had been cleaned, there were hairs and empty sweet wrappers and loom bands by the sofa , we opened up the sofa bed to see if would be an option and we're put off straight away at the dirt which was visible underneath, the hairs and dust. The kitchen utensils were very dirty and the cooker too, we ended up not cooking in caravan ( even though I had brought food prepared to cook some evenings ) was put off especially with cooking for young kids. I ended up having to dettol wipes the kitchen and floor which wasn't the best start.

The bedding didn't seem to clean , the double bed sheets had hairs on them and all the bedding smelt stale, as if hadn't been washed. But we were adamant that we wouldn't let all this spoil our holiday and went out for dinner.

It seemed the most convenient place was mash and barrel so we went for lunch my husband ordered for us all, the kids had chicken nuggets we ordered at about 2.50pm , was disappointed that after saw a notice after which said between 3-5pm you get 25% off your bill??we paid full price , would have thought the lady who took the order at the bar would have made us aware..with it only being ten minutes to 3pm food arrived very quickly about 5 minutes after ordering and with kids in tow who were starving struggled to eat much, I also had the fish and chips and fish was rubbery..the nuggets were hard and chewy, when lady came over to see if everything ok we told her kids struggling to eat nuggets, she took one look and said she would call manager over, he was very nice and polite and took one look at the kids nuggets and said they were not acceptable he said he would be having words with kitchen staff and would refund the kids meals, which was nice of him but still left us with kids not eaten anything since breakfast!

On a positive note the site itself was very clean and all the staff seemed very happy and always happy to help ...

Next day we took the kids swimming , it was the only time we utilised the pool as was too busy , surprised it isn't limited how many people at once, and with 3 kids 2 of them quite young the changing facilities were quite dirty and I was quite put off by this.

Remainder of the holiday we spend most of the time at the beach, it is a beautiful sandy beach, plenty of room for everyone . We ended up eating most nights at the south beach bar, even though it was more expensive than the mash and barrel the food was a lot better .

Spar shop well equipped and not too expensive, we also used the laundrette once which was easy to use even though expensive .

Overall yes we would probably come again next year, but have learnt from this year of what to expect .there seemed a lot of activities catered for older kids which you pay extra, but wasn't much for our kids who were younger apart from playgrounds or beach.

It turned out to be an expensive holiday with eating out with the disappoint of caravan. Don't think we got our money's worth paying extra for a prestige caravan especially at 2014 model ...would hope if wee booked again we could get one of outside balancony which all the caravans surrounding us did, when enquired when checking out was advised that we would need to book a platinum to guarantee !

4  Thank 633Mummyto3

Hi 633Mummyto3,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following on from your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear your welcome to the park and check in was pleasant. I’m sure after a long drive it’s always nice to hear that you can get into your caravan a little earlier.

I am sorry that on arrival to your caravan you were disappointed it has no veranda. We only guarantee this feature with our Platinum range, and many of the vans you would have seen in the same area as you will have been all privately owned, so the owners would have paid to have this feature on their unit. I am also very sorry that the cleanliness wasn’t up to our usual high standards. I do hope that you notified our team immediately so that we were able to get the situation resolved for you. I have passed your comments onto our Accommodation Manager so that he can review this with his team and reiterate to them the importance of maintaining our high standards at all times.

It’s a shame you felt the new model you paid for was a little worn. These caravans have been in use for the season so far, so they may have a bit of wear and tear, although this should be minimal. I’ve personally been inside some of the 2014 vans, and found them to be quite nice. But I appreciate your feedback.

I’m sorry you were unaware of the early bird offer at the Mash & Barrel until after you ordered. I appreciate the expectation of you being told by a team member that there was 10 minutes until this time however food is served all through the day and we assume that when an order is being placed at the bar that this is when our customers are deciding when to eat. We do have pull-ups around the facilities to notify our customers of what offers take place when and when, and there is also information in the welcome pack that you would have been given on arrival to make you aware.
It’s disappointing to hear that your children’s meals were not to an acceptable standard, and I’m glad our manager at the Mash & Barrel did the right thing and reimbursed you for the meals.

There can be days and times the pool is busier than others, and although it may seem there are lots of people about, we do have a facility to do a tag option if we get to capacity. To date this year we have not yet needed to use this system. I have also passed your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the changing rooms over to our Sports & Leisure Manager. We do have a cleaning team present all the time in the changing areas, but if its busy it doesn’t stay clean for any more than a few minutes. I can assure you we are constantly monitoring this area.

I’m glad you enjoyed the beach and the South Beach cafe. It’s in a lovely location with spectacular views.

I do hope despite a few niggles you will come back to visit us again, and I have provided my email address at the bottom should you want to come back and I’ll be more than happy to supervise your booking for you.

devoncliffstripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We flew to Bristol from Northern Ireland in 1 hour, hired a car and drove 1hr 30 mins to Devon cliffs picking up Tesco's click and collect on route which was handy. We stayed here 12th July for 1 week, in a lodge TT29 booked with newhols.co.uk. The reason we booked with this letting agency is that you can choose the exact mobile and site location which was excellent. The mobile was spotless and had a veranda overlooking the sea was pure bliss.
The park is maintained beautifully with lovely gardens and clean play parks We dined most nights at mash and barrel which was cheap, quick, child friendly and very tasty, loved it. We dined once at South Beach Café which was beautiful but had to wait too long for diner however the kids park attached was great. This was our 1st family holiday in the UK and we loved it and lovely staff also. This really is a beautiful clean park with lots to entertain the children.
Only 1 recommendation - the pool closes each day from 12.45-2.00 for activities which is fine but they should keep the outdoor pool opened for sunbathers like me :). I cant wait till visit again.

3  Thank happyhappyholidays

Hi happyhappyholidays,

Thank you for your comments following on from your recent holiday on Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased you enjoyed the facilities the park has to offer and you noticed the hard work that goes into keeping the park grounds immaculate. Our team works very hard to keep it looking pristine and are passionate about maintaining a high standard.
I’m also glad you enjoyed the Mash & Barrel and our South Beach restaurants. Both have a great variety of options and are great value for money.
Our pool closes at 1pm to cater for a variety of things including team breaks, and extra activities. Because our pools need to be constantly lifeguarded as a safety precaution we are not able to offer the outdoor pool during this time.

I’m pleased to hear you are already looking forward to another visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent caravan on the terrace area of the site it was spotlessly clean and the view from the caravan over the bay was as excellent too ! neighbours was friendly and welcoming. The site is vast and the facilities are great and easy too use for everyone and evenly priced. We had a great week and brilliant weather too match ! My only grumble is how poor the wi fi service is so try the free 15mins first before you purchase.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Samuel O

Hi Samuel O

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following on from your recent visit to the park. I’m really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and you found your caravan to be situated in a lovely location and spotlessly clean.

You have been very lucky with the weather over the past few weeks - let’s hope it’s here to stay!

The WIFI signal varies throughout the park, but we can give the details of the tech team that supply the WIFI should you experience any difficulties.

We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at Devon cliffs for 7 nights starting from Saturday 19th july to Saturday 26th july 2014. We have stayed on this caravan parks once before and found it to be a high standard. We arrived at around 2pm and were checked in instantly- the check in process was organised, efficient and check in staff were helpful giving us a welcome pack, entertainment passes and our caravan keys.

On arrival at our caravan ( 36 maple park) we found it to be very clean with beds made up and the caravan had plenty of room for all of us. it was also modern with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. our caravan was near the centre which meant it was ideal to get to all the facilities and the view from our caravan was ok. The entertainment room at funworks although large lacked air conditioning which in the heat can be unpleasant and was also very crowded. I recommend going early if you want a seat!! some of the shows the funstars performed were also enjoyable to watch. The arcade also lacked airconditioning at night but during the day is cooler- it was however great for all the family with plenty of fun arcade machines but was also extremely busy.

During our stay we went in the swimming pool 3 times and found the changing rooms extremely clean and the pools were great. there were 3 outdoor pools and a massive indoor pool with slides which were fantastic fun! there are plenty of lockers so no need to worry about a lack of lockers. However the pool is often crowded but this didn't bother us. The beach is absolutely stunning and you must go to it as it is gorgeous with a beautiful calm sea. Be warned though there is a really steep hill which can be tough to walk up with piles of beach stuff!!!

We ate out at the seaside restaurant near the beach which provides absolutely gorgeous meals but are extremely pricy- costing around £14 for a main meal but the money is completely worth it for the quality of food given to you! Highly recommended!!!! The views of the sea by the restaurant are absolutely stunning as well. We visited starbucks which was good for tea and coffee and it was great to be able to sit in the sun. The onsite spar is expensive so do your shopping at the nearby Tesco instead as it is open 24 hours.

Exmouth is also nearby with shops, another stunning beach. Torquay is also another good place to visit as it features a stunning harbour, street shops and plenty of nice places to have lunch or tea out.

overall we have had a fantastic holiday and wish we had booked 2 weeks instead of 1 as the facilities were amazing, staff were really helpful and the weather just made devon cliffs an absolute paradise of a place to be!! Haven- you have 4 very happy customers!

Room Tip: if you want to be in the centre choose a caravan in maple park or juniper close, if you want to be f...
1  Thank rlloyd13

Hi rlloyd13,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Devon Cliffs. I’m really pleased to hear you received a great welcome, and you check in at the park was easy and straight forward.

I’m glad you found your caravan easily, and the location and cleanliness was all in order. Some caravans do benefit from 2nd toilets, which is definitely handy in this day and age.

It has definitely been warm the past few weeks, and this will cause the temperature inside the venues to be a little warm. The air conditioning in Bugsy’s has been on, it’s always on, but it will only work to its potential, and with the volume of people in the venues and the temperature outside it can make it seem as if it’s not on at all, but I can assure you we have it all on to make our guests as comfortable as possible.

I’m glad you enjoyed the South Beach Cafe, the food served in there is of great quality and value.

I’m so pleased to hear you all went home very happy, and I do hope you will be planning another trip to us in the future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We travelled down from Yorkshire to Devon Cliffs for our first visit to this site.

When we all arrived there our initial thoughts were just how nice and clean it looked and that the views surrounding it was amazing.

Check in was very quick and fast and we were given a map of how to locate our caravan, this proved quite simple but this really is a huge park so there are lots of zones and roads.

Unfortunately our biggest problem of our holiday happened moments after we arrived at our caravan, when we actually got inside we found it wasn't even cleaned, it smelt quite fusty and it had not been vacuumed or cleaned, after travelling all the way from Yorkshire for many hours you can imagine my disappointment at this for a so called flagship site, apparently there was some confusion if it had or hadn't been cleaned but if it had then seriously, Haven should start taking some issues with their cleaners because it was simply not up to Havens so called 'quality' or 'standard' and certainly not ours.

We contacted reception and to Havens defense they quickly sent for a cleaner to come and she did within minutes and she did at least try to clean the floors and another guy came to vac up all of the previous families crumbs of the very worn looking sofa, after this little hiccup at least it was in some sort of cleaner environment and acceptable, a few hours later another guy came to wet vac all the seats and although I found this nice of him why did this not happen in the hours before we arrived? This would've mean us waiting for all the seats to dry out before we could sit on them again for the rest of the day, hardly ideal and must admit it was really putting me off this site in our first few hours! We just had to refuse his request to wet vac them because this would mean us having no seats to sit on in our caravan!!

After our ordeal with the caravan we got down to finding our bearings with the site and have to say that it is in one of the most ideal places I've ever visited in the UK in terms of caravan parks, it has all the usual shops and restaurants that haven do with a few more possibly because Devon Cliffs is a flagship resort.

We found that despite our woes with our own Caravan the location almost next to the beach was extremely convenient and this was a big plus especially when you have kids lugging stuff down to the beach.

The beach is sandy and clean, the sea was lovely and the kids really enjoyed their time down on in it, plus with our week being wall to wall sunshine it actually felt we were all in southern Europe.

There is also a beach restaurant above the cliffs on the walk down to the beach (South Beach Restaurant) which offers stunning views of the sea, this place was our personal favorite of all the dining places, yes the food was more expensive than the Mash 'n' Barrel but the quality was streets ahead therefore justified, special mention to Heidi who served us one night and was brilliant with us all.

Entertainment is just what you expect for these places however on one of the nights there was a seaside 'cirque' show that was very good and entertaining for us all.

Overall it had all the amenities and facilities that one would need and we never really did venture off site really, on one of the days we visited Exmouth and although it's a lovely place there is very little for the kids to do or see but that's not a dig by any means, there are also other places around there that beautiful.

So finally, apart for the Caravan our time here was great and had the caravan had been clean then I would've awarded it 5 stars, lets just hope these things are improved in the future and if we do return then I would probably go for at least a Prestige as they seem to have balcony's and much better kept.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Taximark07

Hi Taximark07,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review leading on from your recent visit to the park. It was great to hear about the many things you enjoyed, and your welcome and check in at the park went well.

I am very sorry to hear on arrival to your caravan it was not cleaned to our usual high standards. I can appreciate your disappointment, as your caravan should be ready to go from your stated check in time. I am glad you contacted the team to get the issues resolved straight away, but I can still understand how this may have left you feeling. I have certainly highlighted your comments to our Accommodation Manager who will be discussing this with his team at their next weekly meeting.

Due to the high usage of our caravans, we have what’s called a rolling rota, and this is where the upholstery in caravans are cleaned on a regular basis every few weeks. I am sorry if was not completed before your arrival, but we only have a small window between guests departing and then arriving again, and with the numbers of cleans we complete during this time we may come across guests have already checked back in, and will ask if we can complete this task. Of course if you would prefer for it not to be done then out team are more than happy to accommodate your requests and will do it on our next changeover day. Please be assured that the seating wouldn’t take long to dry in the weather conditions we have been lucky to have, and we wouldn’t leave any caravan with the seating soaking wet.

I’m pleased you liked the location of your caravan, and enjoyed many trips to the beach. The South Beach do offer an amazing menu and the quality of food is of a great standard. I will be sure to pass your special mention for Heidi onto her.

Our entertainments programme has just changed for Peak, so we haven’t all got around to checking the shows out for ourselves yet. With your recommendation of the Circus we will definitely be popping along to watch for ourselves.

I really am sorry for the initial disappointment with the accommodation. I do hope you will return to the park in the near future, and I will be more than happy to supervise your booking and look after you. Should the time come where you are thinking of returning please contact me on the email address below and I will be more than happy to look into any enquiries for you.

Michelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmouth
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments
Hampton by Hilton Exeter Airport
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Langstone Cliff Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dawlish

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!