My wife booked a 3 day stay here between Christmas and New Year. The promotional materials and website do the hotel and it's sister ( The Manor House ) few favours and I was expecting very little.
We have just arrived home and had a great time. Here's why -
1) Loads of sports and craft activities for our 3 boys ( 10,12 and 15)
2) New spa facilities at both hotels are really good - clean and classy
3) Fantastic 60 minute swedish massage @ only £28 - a steal
4) Food is good - well cooked and presented ( home cooking style ) and a great selection ; esp. for the kids
5) Friendly and helpful staff
6) At only £150 per person for 3 days , with everything included = wonderful value
Lots of reviews mention the tired 70's decor ( which is true ) and the lighting is not very soothing. Plus the buildings ( externally) look like they should be used as overflow accommodation for Dartmoor Prison.
These are peripheral points though. Look past these and you will have a really enjoyable stay at amazing value.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashbury Hotel Devon/Fowley Cross