Book now, pay at stay
US$71
Travelodge
The White Hart Hotel(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$140
US$189
US$183
Hotels.com
Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$71
Travelodge
Gidleigh Park(Chagford)
US$369
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$434/night.

Mill End Hotel(Chagford)
US$155
US$132
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$167
US$151
Priceline
Bovey Castle Hotel(North Bovey)
US$350
US$341
Hotels.com
All reviewsgolf hotelmanor housesister hotelhydro spaplaying golfmeal timesgolf tripten pin bowlingtable tennisgolfing breaktee timesgolf shopfree bottle of winegolf courses areround of golfcraft activitiesfantastic condition
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The facility has a lot to do with a spa, bowls, tennis and golf. The food was fantastic if you are happy with buffet food which does have a number of different choices.

Unfortunately the rooms are pretty basic and dated from the 80's but if you are using all of the other facilities you won't find yourself in them for anything other than sleep.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 6rahamParkes
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Great deals here good golf courses in great condition rooms adequate and comfortable.Food served buffet style was extremely good large choice and several vegetarian dishes.Lunch and dinner were the best with a great selection of salads.Activities worth getting yourself organised to fit in as much as possible,we played skittles one night having worked out how to use the scorer and indoor bowls the next both good fun.I also did agua aerobics which was hard work with a relaxing jacuzzi after.Fantastic value

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Just had a 5 day stop at the Ashbury. Must agree with the majority of the previous reviews. The hotel is dated. The decor is dated. The rooms are dated. Having said that the food is absolutely amazing. The choice is great. Breakfast lunch and dinner with a vast array of delicious food. Went for the golf but find it pretty difficult to leave an honest review as it did nothing bit rain for the full 5 days. Fairway plugging and flooded greens though I don't suppose you can blame the hotel for that. Check the buggy calender. It advertises half price buggies at £8 per day. However the week we were there (because it was busy!) Charged the full wack of £16 per day with no refunds. One last thing to mention on the golf side the tee times are very tightly spaced with not a chance of anyone letting anyone else play through. (We were a two ball held up on all 5 days by groups of four balls that wouldn't allow us to play through (even though my wife was out driving all of them. AND PLAYING BETTER GOLF.) I suppose they were a bit intimidated. On a final note the etiquette on the course is truly the worse I have ever come across. Balls flying everywhere with no warning shouts. Overall none of my negative points could be considered the hotels fault. A good golf break. Great food. Fair price.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ManorAshbury, Guest Relations Manager at The Ashbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is lovely to hear that you had a good break and with everything we have to offer it was good value.

We apologise for any confusion with regards to buggy prices. Our buggy calendar is produced around 18 months in advance and we do not look to alter the plan after publication.

Your comments regarding play on the courses have been passed onto our Manager at Ashbury so that they can be looked into, particularly your point about other guests and golf etiquette.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotels in the future.

Julie Adams

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Décor is very dated it is a long time since I had seen such Artex. If you are a keen golfer you will not let this spoil your visit. Food is excellent and great value. The staff are courteous and helpful. What prevents this been a five star review is the rather tatty rooms although there is nothing tatty about the courses and sporting facilities. I did hire a bike there and spent a lovely afternoon doing the 20 mile Granite cycle trail. I really enjoyed my stay and would readily return. It is wonderful value although I think more effort could of been made with the quiz which did remind me of Phoenix nights. Hire of a golf buggy is essential.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank beccaxt
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I had booked a 5 night stay there on my own. I had planned to play golf every day on their courses. This did not happen as I was a solo player and was to be behind several 4 balls. This would have meant standing around for about 3 hours. The weather was also terrible, raining most of the time with high winds. This is not a location to go if you are not part of a bunch of fellow golfers, my mistake going solo. The management of the complex is good and there are many things to do, but not as a solo. The food is very good. The buffets are plentiful and cater for all diets. If you wish to keep in touch with the outside world however, this is a challenge. Vodafone has no service whatsoever there and the internet is not available everywhere. Not in my room anyway. Day rates here for amenities and food are very good. Rooms are large and well equipped. Can be noisy with returning golfers coming from the bar late. I checked out after 1 night.

Room Tip: Find one at the far end of a corridor so you have the least noise from passing residents
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo